Senior Site Solutions (Environmental) Consultant
Ramboll Environ is the global Environment and Health Practise of Ramboll, which is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company. Trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues, Ramboll Environ has more than 2,100 staff worldwide. Ramboll works across the areas of Buildings, Transport, Planning and Urban Design, Water, Environment and Health, Energy, Oil and Gas, and Management Consulting, and has more than 13,000 experts across 300 offices in 35 countries.
Our UK business employs over 250 environmental science/engineering professionals in 14 locations, and covers a breadth of consulting services structured around seven practices; Acoustics; Compliance, Strategy and Transactions; Impact Assessment; New Initiatives and Sustainability; Product Safety and Stewardship; Site Solutions; and Water. Our clients include UK and global multinationals, local and central government and international institutions.
An exciting opening has arisen for a Senior Consultant to work within Ramboll Environ’s Manchester office and the UK’s Site Solutions Team. We are seeking a motivated and suitably qualified candidate, who is currently operating in a highly technical and professional organisation and is developing a proven track record in the delivery of quality consultancy services to high profile clients. Key technical experience/competencies will include a sound understanding of applicable codes, standards and environmental legislation; a thorough and practical knowledge of site investigation techniques; a proven ability to design and budget Phase II investigations and follow on remedial works (including DQRA, ROA and follow on strategies); though knowledge of contaminated land and its relationship to Real Estate transactions; excellent project management and communication abilities; and excellent report writing skills. The role will also involve working with and in all areas of the UK and possibly overseas.
The successful candidate would join an established and enthusiastic team in Manchester’s multi-disciplinary office, part of the Environment and Health Global Practise. You would contribute to the delivery of a range of interesting projects, and client management, principally in the UK but also internationally. You should be self-confident, diligent, and pro-active and have a willingness to work flexible hours on occasions and will be required to build working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Degree, preferably to Masters level in an environmental based subject.
- Chartered or actively working towards Chartership in a relevant discipline.
- Technical competency in contaminated land investigation theory, design and delivery.
- Conversant with ‘risk ranking’ of potentially contaminated sites for investment /divestment purposes.
- Sound understating of current and emerging environmental legislation, applicable across the UK.
- Understanding of wider Ramboll Group offering and ability to identify opportunities/work outside of the REH business division, with other colleagues/teams.
- Clear and efficient verbal and written communication.
- Confident personality with the ability to appropriately liaise with clients, regulators, sub-contractors and colleagues.
- Good time management skills, initiative and the ability to work across multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- A full UK drivers’ license and eligibility to work in the UK.
- Prior experience of working in an international environmental consultancy.
- Generation of single/multi-site Environmental Site Assessments (PI) for real estate transactions.
- Design and supervision of intrusive site investigation and remediation projects.
- Preparation of Phase II and Phase III environmental assessments to a high standard.
- Third party technical review of Phase I, II and III assessments.
- Liaison with regulators in regard to specific client/project requirements.
- Mentoring of junior colleagues.
- Management and development of Client relationships.
- Preparation of budget’s (proposals) and management of cost throughout the project’s life cycle.
Ramboll Environ conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.