SRK Consulting (UK) Ltd is an independent, international consulting practice which provides globally integrated consulting services to the international mining and natural resources industry.
The SRK Group employs over 1,400 professional consultants internationally and has 45 offices on 6 continents. SRK has been providing its clients with innovative, practical and cost effective solutions for 40 years and our client base covers a wide range of industries, particularly within the resources and engineering sectors.
SRK Consulting (UK) Ltd, located in Cardiff City Centre is the European arm of the SRK Consulting Group and currently has over 100 employees. SRK Consulting (UK) Ltd is an employee owned company.
We currently have an opportunity for a Consultant Level Hydrogeologist to join our water team in our UK Practice. This opportunity will involve working on a diverse range of international projects. Our consultancy environment allows our staff to work in multi-disciplinary teams as well as on more specialised technical projects.
The primary role is to act as a Hydrogeologist, providing competent consulting services to support SRK projects and clients as follows:
- Providing hydrogeological services to ensure successful delivery of projects
- Assisting with the hydrogeological aspects of multi-disciplinary project development studies
- Representing SRK professionally to SRK’s clients
Main Technical Responsibilities:
The work involved in undertaking this role may include the following activities, as well as other responsibilities as required:
- Provision of hydrogeological services to the company’s clients, including but not limited to:
- Field work: groundwater surveys, water quality sampling, drilling supervision, lithological logging and on-site hydrogeological testing;
- Monitoring and pumping well design;
- Design and preparation of hydrogeological testing schedules;
- Analysis of hydrogeological data including for example pumping tests, packer tests and water quality results;
- Use of numerical modelling techniques to assess a variety of common hydrogeological problems including dewatering, water supply and contaminant fate & transport;
- Use of qualitative and quantitative risk assessment techniques;
- Hydrogeological input to feasibility studies, prefeasibility studies and scoping studies;
- Proposal preparation;
- Report writing;
- Client liaison; and
- Assisting with project management.
- Degree or equivalent in Geoscience with a higher degree in Hydrogeology (if not taken as a first degree) and experience in mining and/or quarry water management and/or the majority of experience gained internationally
- Previous experience of undertaking groundwater studies and contributing to project development studies, ideally for international (non-UK) projects and for a variety of natural resource commodities
- Some experience in project managing hydrogeological studies
- Excellent report and proposal writing skills requiring strong English language skills (verbal and written). A second language would be an advantage but is not essential
- Strong communication skills
- Effective organisation and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience with other software packages, particularly groundwater modelling software, would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
Benefits: Pension Scheme, Death in Service Benefits Health Insurance Cover, Discretionary Bonus subject to company profitability, and Private Medical Health Care Scheme.
The SRK Group is an independent group, owned by its employees and there is an opportunity to purchase shares in the company.
Please submit your CV in the strictest of confidence via our careers page via www.srk.uk