Senior EIA Consultant
Ramboll Environ is the global Environment and Health division of Ramboll, which is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company. Trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues, Ramboll Environ has more than 2,100 staff worldwide. Ramboll works across the areas of Buildings, Transport, Planning and Urban Design, Water, Environment and Health, Energy, Oil and Gas, and Management Consulting, and has more than 13,000 experts across 300 offices in 35 countries.
Our UK business employs over 250 environmental science professionals in 14 locations, and covers a breadth of consulting services structured around seven practices; Acoustics; Compliance, Strategy and Transactions; Impact Assessment; New Initiatives and Sustainability; Product Safety and Stewardship; Site Solutions; and Water. Our clients include UK and global multinationals, local and central government and international institutions.
An opportunity has arisen for a suitably experienced and capable Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) project management to join our expanding London EIA team. We are recruiting senior level consultants to work predominantly in the property sector, with opportunities to work in the energy and oil/gas sectors. EIA experience in the property sector is essential. The role will involve working as a key member of the established and growing EIA team in the delivery of a range of projects both in the UK and internationally.
Key work areas will include:
- Desk-based environmental baseline data collection and interpretation;
- Site inspections;
- Report writing, including drafting and/or reviewing Environmental Statement (ES) chapters;
- Coordination, management and preparation of ESs;
- Client and project team liaison;
- Mentoring junior staff; and
- Attendance at stakeholder meetings and public consultations.
The successful candidate will have an advanced understanding of UK EIA guidelines, regulations and best practice, be self-confident, diligent, proactive, take initiative, willing to work flexible hours when required and able to build strong working relationships with colleagues, clients, and project teams. By the very nature of EIA, it is essential that the candidate will have strong organisational and communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret environmental guidelines, policies, plans and legislative requirements;
- Ability to accurately measure and record environmental data;
- Competent and efficient report writing skills;
- Ability to work successfully with various sub-consultants in the delivery of a consistent EIA approach and ES reporting style;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English;
- Numerically competent;
- Well organised and able to prioritise their own workload with minimal supervision;
- Ability to use IT packages (including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Project) to prepare figures and project programmes; and
- Knowledge of a particular environmental specialism would be advantageous but not essential.
- Appropriate degree in environmental sciences, environmental engineering or a related environmental discipline;
- Masters Degree in an environmental discipline;
- Full clean driving licence; and
- Prior EIA project co-ordination experience in the property sector.
Ramboll Environ conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.