Meet our team and hear about projects and full/part-time career opportunities.
Recruitment Open Evening - Thursday 18th May 2017 from 5pm - 7:30pm
Join Jacobs at: Jury’s Inn, 1 Park Place, Cardiff CF10 3UD
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors worldwide.
Our ‘Innovative Sustainable Solutions’ unit comprising 700 environmental staff provides advice for our clients on sustainability and environmental issues. Our work providing environmental services is of critical importance to the general public and industry, ensuring that major projects can proceed without significant environmental detriments.
To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are looking for an Environmental Professional to work in our Environmental Management and Support team focussed on delivery to clients in the nuclear and defence sectors.
Our team are involved in a growing number of complex projects in these sectors encompassing a range of environmental issues which require assessment and the development of management plans in conjunction with our clients.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we’re looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there. The successful candidates will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Responsibilities will include:
You are likely to find yourself working independently (potentially on client sites) but will be part of our professional team identifying and assessing project environmental aspects and impacts to produce whole life management and improvement plans. You will be expected to:
- Identify potential health, safety and environmental hazards of specific projects and demonstrate a commitment to your own safety and those around you.
- Understand the objectives, priorities and inter-dependencies of project stakeholders and be able to manage and reflect these in the reports and assessments produced.
- Design and manage workshops and communicate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Think creatively and logically to work with project teams to resolve design and development problems.
- Write and review deliverables to a high quality standard (including reports, proposals and specifications).
- A relevant degree in a pure or applied science with some relevant experience.
- Good understanding of the principles of sustainability and its application to the nuclear and defence sectors.
- Awareness and understanding of the management of environmental aspects and impacts and how they relate to legal compliance, sustainable procurement and the development of defence capability.
- Familiarity with POEMS and / or Environmental Management Systems (EMS) to the revised ISO14001:2015 standard.
- Strong planning and organisational skills with the awareness to prioritise key tasks when working either as part of a team or independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills - the ability to produce well-researched and presented reports is essential.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to apply knowledge into practical schemes.
- A UK National and the ability to obtain Security Clearance.
- Practitioner member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (PIEMA) with aspiration to become a Full Member of IEMA and a Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv).
- Experience of POEMS or Environmental Management Systems and experience of, or familiarity with, Environmental Impact Assessment and / or Sustainability Appraisal, and its application in a manufacturing or industrial context.
- Experience of waste and materials management.
- Familiarity in the preparation of policy documents and best practice guidance.
- Experience of option appraisal and the application of Best Available Techniques.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. What sets us apart is our absolute belief in the power of our people and our Beyond Zero initiative, which instils a ‘Culture of Caring’ for staff in everything they do. We believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Applications are welcomed from candidates who are seeking reduced hours contracts. Consideration will be given to each application on a case by case basis.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.