Acoustician / Senior Acoustician
Recruitment Open Evening - Thursday 18th May 2017 from 5pm - 7:30pm
Join Jacobs at: Jury’s Inn, 1 Park Place, Cardiff CF10 3UD
Meet our team and hear about projects and full/part-time career opportunities.
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors worldwide.
Our ‘Innovative Sustainable Solutions’ unit comprising 700 environmental staff provides advice for our clients on sustainability and environmental issues. Our work providing environmental services is of critical importance to the general public and industry, ensuring that major projects can proceed without significant environmental detriments.
To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are looking for a number of experienced Acoustics Consultants at various levels within our Acoustics group. The successful candidates will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities
As an Acoustician you will predominately work on environmental acoustics projects (infrastructure, commercial/industrial, renewable energy, etc.) but there are also opportunities for involvement in buildings acoustics projects.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we’re looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there. The successful candidates will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Briefing, planning, delivery and technical quality of acoustics assessments
- Provide advice direct to external clients and internal clients.
- Build upon and develop relationships with both existing internal and external clients.
- The development o
- First degree in relevant subject (2.1 Hons minimum), Second degree in a relevant subject
- Experience of bidding/tendering for internal and external opportunities and strong commercial awareness
- Excellent verbal and written communications and presentation skills
- Ability to influence engineers to arrive at sustainable solutions
- Ability to work effectively in teams to tight deadlines and budgets
- Ability to coordinate and manage geographically dispersed teams
- Proven Project Management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence when interacting with others
- Engagement and negotiation with statutory agencies
- Highly developed report writing skills, and excellent communication skills
- The ability to take the initiative and have the necessary skills to aid the delivery of a variety of projects within a multi-disciplined organisation
- Strong collaborative skills and experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Commercial awareness with good client facing skills and the ability to price work, evaluate risk and prepare proposals
- Experience in building acoustics to enable involvement in this business stream.
- Experience at presenting evidence at Public Inquiry or similar formal hearings
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. What sets us apart is our absolute belief in the power of our people and our Beyond Zero initiative, which instils a ‘Culture of Caring’ for staff in everything they do. We believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Applications are welcomed from candidates who are seeking reduced hours contracts. Consideration will be given to each application on a case by case basis.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.