Deputy Editor- Maternity cover- ENDS Report
The ENDS Report is looking for an exceptional individual to join our team as maternity cover for the Deputy Editor. The position will be a fixed term contract for up to 12 months.
The Deputy Editor will support the Editor in planning, coordination and delivery of online and print news, analysis and comment with specific focus on the following:
- Write news and in-depth articles for one or more audience niches
- Help drive content development to better meet audience needs
- Assist content planning by the ENDS Report writing team
- Review draft ENDS Report content before publication
- Oversee assembly, sub-editing and layout of a monthly print journal
- Manage two staff writers
- The Deputy Editor will also be expected to attend events, manage special reports and moderate webinars.
This exciting opportunity is ideal for an experienced journalist to network with industry players, identify and commission original content, and deliver excellent editorial management of online and print content aimed at expert audiences.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Journalism experience, including writing, and strong skills in commissioning and editing of high quality B2B output
- An interest and possible experience of writing within the environmental sector
- Excellent networking skills - the ability to establish and develop good relationships with leading figures in specialist sectors
- Demonstrated ability to manage workflow, deadlines, flatplans and ensure quality and timeliness of copy
- Print layout skills include experience of InDesign and Photoshop
- Experience of writing into and managing online copy on a content management system.
- Knowledge of environmental issues and industries or demonstrated ability to quickly develop an in depth understanding
- A good knowledge of media law
About the ENDS Report
The ENDS Report is the UK’s number 1 source of intelligence for environmental professionals, delivering news, analysis and research on environmental policy, legislation and initiatives across the environmental, carbon and sustainability agendas.
We are offering a competitive salary and fantastic holiday, starting at 25 days per year. You’ll automatically qualify for our generous pension scheme and other employee benefits such as life assurance, eye care and child care schemes, season ticket loans and other lifestyle benefits, flexible to you. Our professional in house training sets the benchmark in the media industry as we give you the tools to truly develop your career in a dynamic and creative organisation.