Location: Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, West Midlands.
Hours: 37.5 hrs per week (Full Time)
Contract Type: Permanent
Wardell Armstrong LLP is a successful multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy with 12 offices throughout the UK, employing nearly 450 staff. We are now seeking a Senior Engineer to join our Waste Resource Management Team based at our Stoke-on-Trent Office.
As a Senior Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- To ensure adherence to our health and safety policy and procedures.
- The ability to work to a client brief or project manager’s instruction to produce a sound engineering proposal.
- Recent experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams and coordinating interfaces with other disciplines.
- Experience of being a member of a wider waste team responsible for the delivery of a wide range of development projects.
- To manage your own discrete design tasks and providing input to multi-disciplinary design teams
- To work with teams and clients to successfully navigate the design approval processes, including the discharge of associated conditions.
- To demonstrate and develop your technical skills and providing assistance and advice to junior members of staff.
- To control your own program of tasks and budgets.
- To presenting technical advice to team leaders, project managers and clients as appropriate.
- To assist senior staff on major schemes and with business development.
- To proactively liaise with and report to your line manager and/or project manager/director.
- To working as part of a team, translating outline engineering proposals and strategies into detailed design drawings, understanding the relationship between the project disciplines.
- To manage the delivery of individual tasks & activities to programme and budget.
The main duties of the position would include, but are not limited to:
- Support to CQA staff on waste facilities throughout the UK including landfill sites.
- Interaction with Clients and site based civil contractors, both verbally and in writing.
- Attendance at meetings with the client, regulators, designers and civil contractors.
- Site based monitoring and recording of construction activities.
- Preparation of CQA Plans and Validation Reports to the Environment Agency (EA).
- Verification of CQA records and testing data.
- Design and geotechnical supervision.
- Experience of contract management and preparation of construction documentation.
- Office based activities will include supporting the waste, mining and water team activities throughout the UK and overseas.
A successful candidate will require:
- Education to Degree level or equivalent ideally in Geology/Earth Sciences/Waste Management.
- Chartered Waste Manager, chartered in a relevant Institution or progressing towards chartered status in a relevant Institution.
- IT skills to include basic levels of AutoCAD, 3D Modelling, and Microsoft suite.
- Experience of landfill sites and the CQA process. (preferred not required)
- Demonstrable design experience and geotechnical knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Be prepared to work on site on an ad-hoc basis.
- Be motivated, committed, and prepared to take on challenges and responsibility.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- The ambition and drive to develop as a professional.
- Full UK Driving license and access to a car.
- Membership of the Firm’s Group Personal Pension Plan, with Employer’s contribution of up to 5%.
- Payment of a professional subscription.
- 24 days’ annual leave per year (bank holidays excluded).
- Single membership to the Firm’s Private Health Care Scheme currently provided by AVIVA.
- Inclusion in the Firm’s Permanent Health Insurance Policy.
- Inclusion in the Firm’s Life Assurance Policy given as 3 times annual salary.
- Mobile Phone with inclusive tariff including personal usage.
- Flexi- Time Working Schedule.
- Long service awards – annual leave.
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
Please submit your CV and a Covering Letter via our website www.wardell-armstrong.com/careers.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications and in accordance with salary minima for competence and responsibility at PCIFA or ACIFA levels.