Ramboll Environ is the global Environment and Health division of Ramboll, which is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company. Trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues, Ramboll Environ has more than 2,100 staff worldwide. Ramboll works across the areas of Buildings, Transport, Planning and Urban Design, Water, Environment and Health, Energy, Oil and Gas, and Management Consulting, and has more than 13,000 experts across 300 offices in 35 countries.
Our UK business employs over 250 environmental science professionals in 14 locations, and covers a breadth of consulting services structured around seven practices; Acoustics; Compliance, Strategy and Transactions; Impact Assessment; New Initiatives and Sustainability; Product Safety and Stewardship; Site Solutions; and Water. Our clients include UK and global multinationals, local and central government and international institutions.
An opening has arisen for an EIA Consultant based in Ramboll Environ’s Edinburgh office, working primarily within the area of environmental impact assessment (EIA). EIA experience across a range of sectors is required, with experience of EIA for renewables, transmission and property projects preferred. Offshore/marine EIA experience would be an additional advantage. The successful candidate should have a thorough understanding of environmental consenting processes for proposed developments. The role will involve working as a key member of the established EIA team in the delivery of a range of projects, across all sectors.
Key work areas shall include:
- Desk based environmental baseline data collection and interpretation;
- Site inspections;
- Report writing and preparation of figures, including drafting and/or reviewing non-technical Environmental Statement (ES) chapters;
- Client and project team liaison;
- Attendance at stakeholder meetings and public consultations;
- Coordination, management and preparation of ESs.
The successful candidate will have an advanced understanding of the EIA guidelines, regulations and practice, be self-confident, diligent, proactive, take initiative, willing to work flexible hours when required and able to build working relationships with colleagues and clients. By the very nature of EIA, it is essential that the candidate will have strong organisational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret environmental guidelines, policies, plans and legislative requirements;
- Ability to accurately measure and record environmental data;
- Competent and efficient report writing skills;
- Ability to work successfully with colleagues and also sub-consultants in delivery of a consistent EIA approach and ES reporting style;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English;
- Numerically competent;
- Well organised and able to prioritise their own workload with minimal supervision;
- Ability to use IT packages (including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Projects and geographical information systems (GIS)) to prepare figures, drawings and project programmes;
- Knowledge of a particular environmental specialism would be advantageous.
- Appropriate degree in environmental sciences, environmental engineering or a related environmental discipline;
- Masters Degree in an environmental discipline;
- Full clean driving licence;
- Prior EIA project management experience.
Ramboll Environ conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.