Offshore Wind Operations Lead
Offshore Wind Operations Lead
Country of Work Location
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
What's the role?
This is an exciting time for new and renewable energies. The market in NW Europe is growing quickly and there are an increasing number of projects. We're busy growing our New Energies and Offshore Wind portfolio, developing greenfield opportunities and we're also getting access to projects before (or just after) they go into development. And that's why we need you. A talented and highly skilled offshore wind operations leader for our Offshore Wind group. You'll be joining a talented team focused on helping build new business for Shell. You'll be contributing in a growing industry that operates at the forefront of technical, commercial and financial approaches. And you'll be a key player in Shells team working on the offshore wind projects.
Sound interesting? Here's how to apply….
What will you do?
You'll set our operations and maintenance (O&M) strategy, you'll look after our operations, and you'll be at the forefront of our exploration of new and innovative offshore opportunities.
In addition, here's a list of some of the other things you'll do in this role:
- You'll act as the technical lead and help develop the O&M strategies and negotiate the right contracts with our suppliers
- For early developments, you'll influence the design for the operability of the windfarm
- You are aware of the operational trading requirements and the appetite for risk of business partners, and how these issues affect and influence our O&M strategy
- You'll look after the interplay between project financing requirements, changing project ownership, and supplier agreements
What we need from you
You'll be a highly experienced offshore or wind operations manager; the type of person who's happy growing great working relationships with both contractors and operators. And you have the drive to add your superb wind operations expertise into the design and project planning teams.
- Thinking outside the box so you can always do what's best for the business
- Be someone who understands and empathises with outside influences. And you'll be able to influence other partners – people from inside and outside the project – as you lead Shell into new areas
- Adaptable to change and have an entrepreneurial mind-set
- Be ready to cover a wide scope of activities and priorities
What we offer you:
- At Shell, we're committed to investing in the development of your career and we give people with your skills a platform from which you can deliver and really excel
- Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity and respect aren't simply a strap line, but are a part of everything we do. What's more, we're a company that places the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and on our inclusive approach
- Join us and you’ll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities
We care deeply about fostering a truly diverse workplace. We believe in doing everything we can to make Shell a flexible, an appealing, and as supportive place for women to work as we can. And we've retained our title as a top employer for women in the Times again in 2016. We help with things like our formal (and informal) flexible working. Like our global and transparent pay policies backed by leadership team fully supportive of our diversity ambitions. And we'll help foster your career through our Women's Career Development programme and our extensive Women's Network. Read more about a women's perspective here
People with an impairment
At Shell we're all about top talent. End of story. We want to encourage those of you who may face an impairment to regard Shell as a place where you'll be fully supported to grow and develop your career. It's as simple as that. Just let us know about your circumstances if you'd like to apply. We can support you throughout the process. From application, to interview, to your first day of a long career with us. Read more about how Shell support people with an impairment here
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply via the 'Apply' button.
Agency calls not appreciated.
Keywords: Job vacancy, Full-time, London, technical lead, operations, O&M strategies