Thirsty for knowledge?
You’ll thrive in our environment.
Environment Advisor (12 month secondment)
£Competitive + benefits
Closing date: 15/2/15
Based Coventry with regular travel to other E.ON Generation sites
E.ON is a global provider of specialised energy solutions. We’re also an important trader in global commodities working hard to make the best deals possible for our worldwide business and ultimately our customers.
Join us as an Environment Advisor, and you’ll provide environmental to support a number of power stations across the E.ON Generation business as well as to our Upstream Global Units. How? By delivering specialist technical advice on a broad range of environmental regulation issues, by supporting our negotiations with Environment Agency Inspectors and external auditors, and by delivering governance using our Environmental Management Systems.
Specifically, you can expect to ensure that the sites you support are in compliance with environmental regulations and our own environmental policy, that management systems are in place to comply with environmental consents and permits, and that we have a coordinated approach to management systems across safety and governance .
You can look forward to plenty of variety. As well as providing day-to-day environmental assistance for the power stations, you’ll have the chance to work on ad hoc projects with other people from the team. Your technical understanding, attention to detail and calm assurance will see you flourish in this fast moving area of the business.
This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to environmental management in E.ON at an exciting and challenging time as changes in legislation impact on E.ON operations.
Essential skill requirements
· A degree in a physical or environmental science, or an HNC with equivalent experience in a relevant area – you could be a contractor or consultant, or a graduate with a confident approach and a real hunger for learning.
· A good understanding of the environmental legislation, regulator guidance and technical requirements for environmental permitted sites – you’re likely to have proven experience of working on requirements with the regulator.
· A working knowledge of Environmental Management Systems and their application to the power industry.
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to inspire trust and confidence in others.
· A solid understanding of key technical areas such as CEMS, OMA, permits and discharge authorisations, and good IT literacy, including Excel.
· Demonstrable planning and organisational skills, including prioritisation, resource management and the delivery of long-term strategies.
· A proven ability to identify and analyse situations by isolating key issues, evaluating relevant data and drawing appropriate conclusions.
· A track record of producing and reviewing formal environmental management documentation, such as risk assessments.
· A proactive approach to driving technical, commercial or procedural improvements.
Impress us, and you’ll progress in terms of your role, the opportunities on offer, and the rewards