SENIOR PERMITTING OFFICER (REGULATED INDUSTRY)
To technically assess complex permit applications, including those for sites of high public or political interest, from a variety of process industry sites, working with a range of internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the decisions taken are protective of the environment whilst supporting economic growth.
Job Specific Requirements
- Experience in a directly relevant scientific discipline such as Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- Proven coaching and mentoring skills.
- Strong customer focussed approach to delivery.
- Practical experience of the application of relevant environmental legislation to the operation of process industry sites, preferably in the Chemicals sector.
- Experience of working within process industry, preferably within the Chemicals sector.
- An understanding of the Environmental Permitting Regulations (EPR) and how they relate to the permitting process.
- An understanding of the changes in EPR brought about by the Industrial Emission Directive and what that means for the future of process industry regulation.
Due consideration has been given to the Welsh language requirements for the post and the existing skills within the team. Taking this into consideration the Welsh language skills required for the post are at Level 1 - The ability to use basic Welsh conversational phrases (eg “bore da” – “good morning”) and to pronounce Welsh place names correctly.