Senior EIA Consultant
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability.
The Water and Environment practice of Ricardo Energy & Environment, offers a comprehensive range of specialist services within the environmental consultancy sector. Nationally and internationally recognised for our expertise in planning and overseeing complex and sensitive projects, our skills have been utilised by a wide range of clients within the public and private sectors including the European Commission, government, utilities and developers.
We are looking for a candidate with proven environmental planning experience to join our team. The role will support the Head of EIA as well as other Senior Managers. The successful applicant will have practical experience of EIA and/or SEA within the UK planning system. The individual will be expected to lead and manage their own projects, manage multi-disciplinary teams and deliver all aspects of consultancy. The individual must be able to demonstrate strong project management and technical expertise, as well as the ability to win work and develop business opportunities.
You will lead technically on planning, EIA and SEA projects and provide clear project management and direction to clients and other team members, both internally and externally. You will direct, project manage and co-ordinate a wide range of projects. You will have the responsibility to manage the technical work of more junior staff and sub-consultants as well as identify and win new business opportunities.
Key competencies and experience:
- Bachelors (2.1 or above), Masters or PhD in a relevant environmental discipline
- Proven EIA experience
- Working knowledge of the UK planning system
- Proven experience of project management and leading projects
- Proficient in winning work and client management
- Membership of RTPI, IEMA or similar professional body
- Consultancy experience
- SEA experience (desirable)
- Natural Capital experience would be beneficial
- Strong existing client network would be advantageous
- Experience in the water industry would be beneficial
Skills and behaviours:
- Excellent team working skills
- Strong communication skills and a close attention to detail
- Excellent report writing and bid-writing skills
- Ability to win and develop workstreams
- Excellent stakeholder and regulatory communications and management skills
- Ambitious, enthusiastic and self-motivated to thrive in this busy and demanding environment
- Good IT skills in commonly used software, e.g. Microsoft Office, internet, email
- Excellent organisational skills
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.