Senior Climate Resilience Consultant
Working in international, multi-disciplinary teams, you will provide climate risk and resilience, policy development and implementation analyses; evaluate existing policy and technical measures; support cost-benefit analyses and carry out stakeholder consultations. You will have the ability to draft reports and deliver verbal presentations in English to a high standard.
Alongside project delivery, we are seeking someone who can manage individual projects, write winning proposals, contribute toward business development and client-facing activities and aid the development of more junior colleagues.
The ideal candidate will be qualified to a Master's degree level or above in a climate-related discipline; environmental policy, climate science, engineering, law, environmental economics, social sciences, geography or a closely related subject. We would typically expect 5 to 10 years' of relevant experience within consultancy, government, research or industry.
You will have competence and experience in the majority of the following areas:
- Knowledge of climate projections and the science underlying them
- Ability to analyse and interpret climate projections for application in a climate resilience assessment (of infrastructure, of geographic regions, of policies and/or other business units)
- Ability to communicate key messages from climate projections to non-technical audiences (including communicating probability),
- Familiarity with UKCP09 climate projections and their application,
- Knowledge of key climate impacts, risks and adaptation strategy and/or policy solution development
- Conducting climate change risk assessments and/or climate resilience analyses: identifying climate risks for a variety of business areas i.e. delivery of a service, and/or physical infrastructure development and/or for geographic areas
- Implementation of climate resilience and/or adaptation measures in a commercial and/or public sector setting
- Flexibility to take on work in other areas to balance work load as necessary such as policy (climate mitigation or adaptation, chemicals, energy), water management, or other areas within the business
- Climate finance.
You will also have competence and experience in the following areas:
- Write proposals to bid for and secure new work
- Generate new business leads and identify opportunities for new service offerings
- Develop existing and new client relationships
- Scope, plan, monitor and execute project methodologies
- Client and subcontractor communication and management
- Organisation of staff resources, including coordination across multiple projects to set priorities
- Ability to plan ahead and work to deadlines
- Set, manage and monitor project budgets and expenses
- Excellent English language communication skills
- Additional European language skills desirable
- Ability to interface with clients and stakeholder engagement skills
- Proven analytical and data manipulation skills
- Clear and effective presentation and facilitation skills
- Proactive networker in the climate science, mitigation and adaptation areas
- Commercial acumen
You should have the ability to interact with clients and policy makers at national and/or international level and to write reports in English to a professional standard.
It would be advantageous to demonstrate experience of the following:
Familiarity with UK / European guidance on application of climate projections and climate risk in different settings, e.g. town and country planning, Environment Agency flood risk assessment requirements, energy/nuclear safety planning requirements. Familiarity with the process of policy development and implementation; evaluation of technical and policy measures; cost-benefit analysis; data collection, validation and analysis.
Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
Employing around 36,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2015 revenues of £5.5 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry - from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products - and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.
Apply for Senior Climate Resilience Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly