Recruitment Open Evening
5.00pm-8.00pm Thursday 8th June 2017
Jacobs, New City Court: 20 St. Thomas Street, London, SE1 9RS.
Candidates must pre-book an appointment in order to attend this event. Please register your details and we will contact you to confirm an appointment.
Meet our team and hear about projects and career opportunities. Expressions of interest are welcomed from candidates who are seeking reduced hours contracts. Consideration will be given to each application on a case by case basis.
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors worldwide.
Our ‘Innovative Sustainable Solutions’ unit comprising 700 environmental staff provides advice for our clients on sustainability and environmental issues. Our work providing environmental services is of critical importance to the general public and industry, ensuring that major projects can proceed without significant environmental detriments.
To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are looking for a Sustainability Professional to be based from our New City Court, London office. The Sustainability Professional will assist with analysing and providing solutions for environmental challenges faced by businesses and infrastructure projects. These challenges will include climate change, energy and water management. The post is based in our London office, but the candidate will be expected to visit our other offices across the UK to collaborate on project work.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we’re looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there. The successful candidates will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
You will be working on projects providing direct support to private and public sector and also work as part of multi-disciplinary teams on large infrastructure and transportation projects. The successful applicant will be expected to be versatile and able to support projects across and range of sectors and markets. Responsibilities include:
- Providing strategic and policy advice to clients on a range of climate change issues, including resilience, adaptation and carbon management.
- Sustainability appraisal of infrastructure projects, such as transport and power/energy schemes.
- Advise private sector clients on a range of corporate sustainability issues, including analytical, reporting and strategic work.
- Preparation of technical analysis and notes.
- Direct interaction with clients and stakeholders in meetings and workshops.
- Working both within an established core team and also supporting teams across a range of technical disciplines and office locations.
- Providing project management and sales support, in the form of planning tasks and activities and monitoring progress of project deliverables
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree in a relevant subject that includes Sustainability, Climate Change or Environmental Policy.
- Working towards Chartered Membership of a relevant institution.
- Understanding of contemporary climate change, sustainability, energy and water issues as they apply across different market sectors, including an understanding of policy and market trends.
- Track record of producing high quality deliverables for external clients in the field of climate change, sustainability and carbon/energy management.
- Experience applying sustainability approaches to infrastructure projects, particularly in transportation.
- A demonstrable ability to research new subject areas and apply analytical approaches to unfamiliar technical challenges.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with clients and other team members.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent literacy, communication, analytical and numeracy skills.
- Experience working on renewable and low carbon energy projects or markets
- Experience in project management and sales related functions.
- GIS – Mapinfo/ArcView an advantage
- Holds valid driving licence
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. What sets us apart is our absolute belief in the power of our people and our Beyond Zero initiative, which instils a ‘Culture of Caring’ for staff in everything they do. We believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Applications are welcomed from candidates who are seeking reduced hours contracts. Consideration will be given to each application on a case by case basis.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of a