Principal / Technical Director (EIA)
Recruitment Open Evening
5.00pm-8.00pm Thursday 8th June 2017
Jacobs, New City Court: 20 St. Thomas Street, London, SE1 9RS.
Candidates must pre-book an appointment in order to attend this event. Please register your details and we will contact you to confirm an appointment.
Meet our team and hear about projects and career opportunities. Expressions of interest are welcomed from candidates who are seeking reduced hours contracts. Consideration will be given to each application on a case by case basis.
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors worldwide.
Our ‘Innovative Sustainable Solutions’ unit comprising 700 environmental staff provides advice for our clients on sustainability and environmental issues. Our work providing environmental services is of critical importance to the general public and industry, ensuring that major projects can proceed without significant environmental detriments.
To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are looking for key individuals at Principal/Technical Director level within our Environmental Assessment group in our Reading office. The successful individuals will support a range of projects for clients in major public and private sector organisations.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we’re looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there. The successful candidates will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
- Provide technical expertise in the field of Environmental Assessment to lead and contribute to a wide variety of infrastructure and development projects.
- Technical direction of projects within the team.
- Undertake project management of bespoke EIA projects.
- Develop client relationships and develop new opportunities for EIA work.
- Undertake bidding work, review of bids/tenders.
- Write, check and review EIA deliverables.
- Communicating, liaising and collaborating effectively with clients and colleagues.
- Help develop the wider team through mentoring and line management.
- Identifying potential health and safety hazards of specific projects and demonstrating a commitment to your own safety and that of those around you.
- Prepared to be flexible and contribute to other work streams
- First degree in relevant subject (2.1 Hons minimum).
- Proven expertise in the field of Environmental Assessment (i.e. EIA and/or SEA).
- Chartered member of a relevant professional institution (e.g. CEnv with IEMA, IES or CIWEM).
- Experience of bidding/tendering for internal and external opportunities and strong commercial awareness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to influence project decision-makers, engineers and regulators to arrive at sustainable solutions.
- Ability to work effectively in teams to tight deadlines and budgets.
- Ability to coordinate and manage geographically dispersed teams.
- Proven Project Management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence when interacting with others.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills and experience.
- Experience of working with major infrastructure clients in the Highways and Water sectors.
- The successful candidates may be required to work out of other Jacobs' offices in the UK.
- Experience of feasibility/options appraisal.
- Water Industry Experience
- Experience as an expert witness/preparation of evidence for expert witness/Public Inquiries
- International experience.
- Project management qualification.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. What sets us apart is our absolute belief in the power of our people and our Beyond Zero initiative, which instils a ‘Culture of Caring’ for staff in everything they do. We believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Applications are welcomed from candidates who are seeking reduced hours contracts. Consideration will be given to each application on a case by case basis.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.