The Climate Campaigner, reporting to the Head of the Climate Campaign, will be responsible for the day-to-day research, advocacy and administrative tasks necessary to ensure the campaign strategy is implemented effectively and on time. The role requires strong advocacy and organisational skills, a good understanding of climate issues, a willingness to learn and a desire to help support the development of EIA’s work on climate issues.
Responsibilities and activities
- Support the implementation of EIA’s climate campaign strategy
- Represent the campaign to a range of outside contacts, such as politicians, civil society, industry and the media
- Carry out detailed research into scientific and technical aspects of the campaign
- Undertake key administration tasks for the climate team, including budget-tracking
- Assist in the production of high quality campaign materials, such as briefings and videos
- Attend relevant UK and international meetings
- Assist in generating media coverage of the campaign, including blogs, press releases and social media initiatives, and build media contacts
- Develop and maintain a network of external contacts
- Assist with campaign fundraising, including reporting requirements
- Contribute to the campaign’s monitoring and evaluation processes, financial planning and budget-tracking
- Contribute to the production of the annual climate campaign strategy and participate in EIA’s long-term strategic planning processes
It is anticipated that interviews will take place between May 22 and June 8.
Please click the apply button and then download and fill out the application form – CVs will not be considered.
Please submit a recent sample of your writing.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK