Public Affairs and Communications Professional, Energy
Position Overview and Responsibilities
The Brussels office of FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an energetic public affairs and communications professional with a deep background in energy, and public affairs experience to join our team. This advisor will act as a primary advisor for key clients and drive business development efforts.
Experience & skills required:
Candidates will have deep working experience (6 – 8 years) relating to EU level energy policy or a linked area (transport/climate). This experience should ideally be acquired working with the EU institutions, in-house or through a consultancy firm.
- An excellent understanding of the EU institutions and political dynamics;
- Strong business acumen and appreciation of the commercial impact of policy decisions;
- A strong understanding of/network within the energy industry;
- Excellent capability as an advisor, including first class communication and writing skills, and team leader;
- An entrepreneurial approach to client servicing and business development;
- Consultancy experience preferred;
- Ability to solve problems and exercise excellent judgment with the ability to think 'outside of the box.';
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines without sacrificing quality, maintain good client relationships and deliver outstanding results;
- Understanding of agency financials and experience budgeting projects;
- Professional, proactive and committed to high standards in the quality of the communications product;
- Existing relationships with applicable trade associations, think tanks and thought leaders in the energy space.