Climate Resilience - Principal Consultant & Office Manager
Our European team is at the forefront of providing policy, technical, sustainability and economic advice on the development and implementation of environmental policy and climate change. As well as climate resilience, the team focuses on air quality, chemicals, water policy, infrastructure and sustainable development. We work with the European Commission, UK and other European government departments, international agencies, trade associations, multi-national companies and corporations across Europe and beyond.
Our projects directly help to influence the development, implementation and improvement of environmental and climate policy, and climate resilience addressing some of the most challenging global issues.
Examples of recent projects around the world include: Urban Design, Master Planning and Implementation; Strategic Flood Risk Assessments; Seismic Resilience, Structural Assessment and Retrofits; Water Resources Management; Historic Rehabilitation and Storm Surge Mitigation; Assessment of Climate and Energy Reporting Requirements; Local Hazard Mitigation Plans; Resilient Infrastructure Planning; Climate Adaptation Advisory Services for Investment, Insurance and Banking; and Climate Resilience Strategy Development.
We are seeking someone who is inspired to contribute toward business development and client-facing activities, is keen to lead and develop a local team, is strong in managing individual projects and writing winning proposals.
Leading a local team and contribute to international, multi-disciplinary teams, you will be responsible for the growth and the development of Amec Foster Wheeler's Munich office.
The ideal candidate will be qualified to a Master's degree level or above in a climate-related discipline; environmental policy, climate science, engineering, law, environmental economics, social sciences, geography or a closely related subject. We would typically expect 8 to 10 years' of relevant experience within consultancy, government, research or industry.
You will have experience in leading teams and are used to handle successfully the operational duties of the day to day business within an engineering and consultancy office.
You will have competence and experience in the majority of the following areas:
- Knowledge of climate projections and the science underlying them
- Ability to analyze and interpret climate projections for application in a climate resilience assessment (of infrastructure, of geographic regions, of policies and/or other business units)
- Ability to communicate key messages from climate projections to non-technical audiences (including communicating probability),
- Familiarity with UK / European climate projections and their application,
- Knowledge of key climate impacts, risks and adaptation strategy and/or policy solution development
- Conducting climate change risk assessments and/or climate resilience analyses: identifying climate risks for a variety of business areas i.e. delivery of a service, and/or physical infrastructure development and/or for geographic areas
- Implementation of climate resilience and/or adaptation measures in a commercial and/or public sector setting
- Flexibility to take on work in other areas to balance work load as necessary such as policy (climate mitigation or adaptation, chemicals, energy), water management, or other areas within the business
You will also have competence and experience in the following areas
- Develop existing and new client relationships
- Generate new business leads and identify opportunities for new service offerings
- Write proposals to bid for and secure new work
- Scope, plan, monitor and execute project methodologies
- Client and subcontractor communication and management
- Organisation of staff resources, including coordination across multiple projects to set priorities
- Ability to plan ahead and work to deadlines
- Set, manage and monitor project budgets and expenses
- Excellent English language communication skills
- Additional European language skills desirable
- Ability to interface with clients and stakeholder engagement skills
- Proven analytical and data manipulation skills
- Clear and effective presentation and facilitation skills
- Proactive networker in the climate science, mitigation and adaptation areas
- Commercial acumen
You should have the ability to interact with clients and policy makers at national and/or international level and to write reports in English to a professional standard.
Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
Employing around 36,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2015 revenues of £5.5 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry - from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products - and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.
Apply for Climate Resilience - Principal Consultant & Office Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly