Technical Director, EIA Infrastructure
- Career Level
- Management/Mid – Level
About the role
This is a key role in helping to deliver Temple’s growth in Greater Manchester and the North of England following the launch of our office in central Manchester in October 2016. In particular you will lead the development and delivery of our infrastructure portfolio, building on our existing track record and client relationships.
You will use and actively develop a network of contacts in client organisations (e.g. transport project promoters and contractors), strategic partners and other collaborators to win and deliver work. You will be supported by and work closely with colleagues across the Temple and The Ecology Consultancy. You will work very closely with Temple’s Associate Director in Manchester who has been establishing our initial position in the market and leads our work in the property and regeneration sectors.
Client care is at the heart of the role which will require you to achieving a balance between delivering projects and developing new opportunities. Your role in project delivery may be as project director, project manager, framework manager and/or technical lead. In business development you will spend some of your time pursuing long term higher value stand-alone projects, framework opportunities and key accounts. You will also lead or contribute to bids for projects of all scales. You will be comfortable introducing a range of relevant Temple propositions including infrastructure route appraisal, Environmental Impact Assessments, pre-planning or construction environmental monitoring/management. A track record of delivering successfully to clients and an active network of contacts in the transport infrastructure arena in the north is essential.
What we’re looking for?
We expect the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A track record of delivering successfully to clients in transport infrastructure in the North West
- An active network of contacts in the transport infrastructure in the North West
- Specialism in one or more of the traditional EIA disciplines, planning or sustainability
- Project management and people management experience
- Bid preparation and business development experience
- Confidence, excellent communication skills, and be client focussed
- Energy and enthusiasm, with attention to detail and a creative approach to problem solving
It will be an advantage if you have experience in:
- Project management qualifications
- Experience of work on major non-transport projects and programmes
- EIA for property development
- Developing and implementing environmental management plans/COCPs (or equivalent) to support scheme delivery
Apply for Technical Director, EIA Infrastructure
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly