Senior or Principal GIS Consultant
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors worldwide.
Our ‘Innovative Sustainable Solutions’ unit comprising 700 environmental staff provides advice for our clients on sustainability and environmental issues. Our work providing environmental services is of critical importance to the general public and industry, ensuring that major projects can proceed without significant environmental detriments.
To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are looking for a Senior or Principal GIS Consultant to be based in our existing team in our Birmingham city centre office.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we’re looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there. The successful candidates will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
The role is required to complement the progressive Digital Solutions Management team, supporting Utilities, Highways, Rail, Energy and Environment sectors. Working with a range of data capture, analysis and visualisation technologies, you will provide critical input to delivering projects on time and budget. With exposure to a wide range of market sectors and an extensive knowledge pool, you will deliver dynamic, innovative solutions to internal and external clients. The successful applicant will have experience of building a GIS business and demonstrate excellent leadership skills and a vision of future GIS technologies.
- Experienced in delivering GIS projects for internal and external clients
- Expert user of ArcGIS desktop software and extensions
- Advanced data management skills to facilitate Spatial Data Infrastructures for complex projects and multi-platform delivery
- Experienced in web GIS and the creation of web maps and web applications (ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Portal or other)
- Experienced in GIS systems integration and implementation of Enterprise GIS (ArcGIS Enterprise / Server / Portal / ArcSDE)
- Experience selling GIS capabilities to internal and external GIS clients
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated focus on continuing professional development (CPD);
- A problem solver with good degree (2:1 minimum) qualification in a relevant discipline
- Exemplary focus, ambition and attention to detail
- Advanced numeracy, analytical and computer skills for data manipulation and management (MS Excel and Access)
- Ability and flexibility to function as part of multi-disciplinary teams located across a number of offices is essential.
- Experienced in the management of mobile data capture software such as ArcGIS Collector
- Experience in undertaking User Requirements Analysis for Enterprise GIS
- Experience in management of data across the whole of project lifecycle
- Experience of implementing GIS/BIM on large rail projects
- Other desktop GIS software (e.g. MapInfo, Quantum GIS, GRASS)
- Experience of GIS application to engineering / utilities sectors.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. What sets us apart is our absolute belief in the power of our people and our Beyond Zero initiative, which instils a ‘Culture of Caring’ for staff in everything they do. We believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Applications are welcomed from candidates who are seeking reduced hours contracts. Consideration will be given to each application on a case by case basis.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.