Principal Acoustician / Technical Director - Building Acoustics
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors worldwide.
Our ‘Innovative Sustainable Solutions’ unit comprising 700 environmental staff provides advice for our clients on sustainability and environmental issues. Our work providing environmental services is of critical importance to the general public and industry, ensuring that major projects can proceed without significant environmental detriments.
To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are looking for a Principal Acoustician / Technical Director - Building Acoustics to drive forward the Building Acoustics side of our business.
As a Principal/Technical Director Acoustician you will help to lead in the development of our building acoustics capability, but there are also opportunities for involvement in environmental acoustics projects.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we’re looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there. The successful candidates will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
- Briefing, planning, delivery and technical quality of a range of building acoustics projects
- Provide advice direct to external clients and internal clients.
- Build upon and develop relationships with both existing internal and external clients.
- The development of the Acoustics business
- First degree in relevant subject (2.1 Hons minimum), Second degree in a relevant subject
- Experience of bidding/tendering for internal and external opportunities and strong commercial awareness
- Excellent verbal and written communications and presentation skills
- Ability to influence engineers to arrive at sustainable solutions
- Ability to work effectively in teams to tight deadlines and budgets
- Ability to coordinate and manage geographically dispersed teams
- Proven Project Management/Director experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence when interacting with others
- Engagement and negotiation with statutory agencies
- Highly developed report writing skills, and excellent communication skills
- The ability to take the initiative and have the necessary skills to aid the delivery of a variety of projects within a multi-disciplined organisation
- Strong collaborative skills and experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Commercial awareness with good client facing skills and the ability to price work, evaluate risk and prepare proposals
- Experience in building acoustics to enable development of this business stream
- At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. What sets us apart is our absolute belief in the power of our people and our Beyond Zero initiative, which instils a ‘Culture of Caring’ for staff in everything they do. We believe that you’ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Applications are welcomed from candidates who are seeking reduced hours contracts. Consideration will be given to each application on a case by case basis.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.