Senior Engineer / Engineer - Contaminated Land
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work with a multi-disciplinary team that provides all aspects of contaminated land consultancy from preliminary risk assessment to remediation design and implementation.
You will be expected to undertake both office based and site based work with the opportunity to provide technical support to the team alongside expanding your project management and delivery experience.
This position can be based in either Reading, Taunton or Ashford
Preparation of cost estimates/proposals;
Organising intrusive investigations, including health and safety aspects;
Carrying out site work and managing sub-contractors;
Preparation of Phase 1 and 2 reports;
Qualitative and quantitative risk assessments using commercial models including CLEA and RTM; and
Mentoring and overseeing the work of junior staff.
• Extensive experience of a range of contaminated land scenarios
• A good understanding of current UK environmental legislation
• Excellent technical understanding of contaminated land services and the design, planning and delivery of Phase 1 and 2 projects
• Ideally experience of quantitative risk assessments (DQRA)
• Good computer and report writing skills with the ability to prepare factual and interpretative technical reports
• Experience of effectively managing work on site and liaising with sub-contractors
• Ideally you’ll have some experience of supervising and mentoring junior staff
We offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance.
Peter Brett Associates LLP (PBA) is a leading consultancy delivering development and infrastructure projects. We provide trusted advice to our clients and together we create better places for the communities in which we live.
PBA provides significant opportunity for career progression and personal development through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients. It's a friendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals.
To find out more about PBA and see the range of exciting projects we are involved in please visit http://www.peterbrett.com .
PBA is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.