Principal Risk & Safety Consultant
- Working with clients to support and solve risk and safety challenges
- Working with other Amec Foster Wheeler group companies on risk and safety issues
- Networking with other group companies in technical forum and business development
- Managing key client relationships in industry sectors, including the oil/ gas sector
- A relevant engineering, science or technology related degree (or equivalent)
- Professional membership of appropriate professional institution, e.g. I ChemE
Essential Experience will include:
- A technical expertise in major hazards safety and risk management, incorporating key skills in several of the following areas: Quantitative and qualitative risk management/assessment, safety management, reliability assessment, Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA) & SIL assessment, facilitation (eg HAZID / HAZOP / HAZAN / Bow-tie / ALARP), COMAH / safety case preparation, detailed consequence analysis, MATTE assessment (including CDOIF), DSEAR, specific studies (eg EERA / ESSA /PFEER), technical safety engineering and auditing
- A proven consultancy track record (typically developed over more than 8 years) working with operators, engineering and regulatory clients ideally covering both onshore and offshore
To meet the requirements you are also likely to have skills in:
- Working in multi-skilled teams, project management, project delivery and business development
- Working with teams to provide input on risk and safety management best practice, regulatory compliance and technical safety
- Interfacing well with others. You will have the ability to communicate well at all levels and must have the commitment to identify, analyse and propose solutions to problems in a constructive and positive manner. You will be organised and able to multi-task / prioritise and have excellent presentation skills
Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
Employing around 36,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2015 revenues of £5.5 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry - from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products - and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.