Associate Flood Risk
Allen & York have been selected to assist in recruitment for a leading consulting development engineering firm. This exciting organisation provide the full spectrum of professional engineering development services. They excel on delivering a high level of customer service, diverse skills, technical expertise and experience rarely found under one roof.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and grow the flood risk/hydrology team within the regional office, working in conjunction with the Associate Director for flood risk/hydrology, meeting the aspirations of the company.
- Develop expertise and introduce efficient methods of working, use of software and design standards.
- Undertake flood risk assessment and flood modelling for various types of project, including residential, commercial and public sector schemes.
- Expert Witness for planning inquiries and hearings.
- Management of projects including administration, client liaison, quality, fee proposals and budgets.
- Coordination with other disciplines/offices, client liaison, fee proposals and invoicing.
- Prepare and review calculations, drawings, technical documents, reports and correspondence.
- Ensure robust checking procedures are maintained throughout all projects on all output.
- The role involves submissions of reports/designs for third party approvals and will require pro-active communication with clients, authorities and other agencies to ensure projects are completed to deadlines and budgets.
- Recruitment, management and development of team members to ensure effective productivity, continued professional development and maintain growth of the division.
- Undertaking staff appraisals and performance reviews.
- The role will require working within all offices as and when required.
- Business development with existing clients and creating new contacts/opportunities.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Experience of a variety of projects including infrastructure, commercial projects, residential and public sector schemes.
- Educated to a minimum standard of BEng in Civil Engineering studies or other related degree.
- Extensive relevant experience, including design, management, full knowledge of flood risk/hydrology standards and business development.
- Proficient using Micro Drainage and flood modelling software packages such as XP Storm, Hec-Ras, Tuflow and ISIS.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD software.
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer and member of The Institution of Civil Engineers or similar.
- Achieve minimum of 5 days continuing professional development (CPD) per year.
- Detailed knowledge of current legislation, drainage design standards and good practice, including Sewers for Adoption, Wallingford Procedure, FEH, F&WMA, NHBC Standards, CIRIA 753 (SUDS Manual), NPPF, etc.
- Working knowledge of health and safety standards.
- Hold CSCS card and understand correct use of personal protective equipment.
- Understand the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team. This will also involve working with various other disciplines within the organisation and external companies.
- Self-motivated individual with desire to not only work within the team but also have ambition to help it grow and develop. Mentoring/supervision of trainee staff to develop their knowledge and skills.
This is a really exciting role with an organisation looking to build a successful, innovative flood risk team and what a time to be joining them.
- Highly competitive salary
- Bonus scheme based on productivity.
- After 3 months service entitled to join company pension scheme (5% employer contribution, 3% employee contribution).
- Death in service benefit of 2x salary, rising to 4x salary after 5 years' service.
- After 6 months service entitled to join company private healthcare scheme.
- Membership fees for one professional institution reimbursed.
- Support provided to employees that join the Reserve Forces, are veterans or are Service spouses/partners
If you are interested, please do send your CV across at your earliest convenience.
Apply for Associate Flood Risk
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly