Principal Air Quality Emissions Consultant
Principal Air Quality Consultant
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Principal Air Quality Consultant to join my clients Air Quality team. You will work on a wide range of air quality consultancy projects for local government and private sector clients - both nationally and internationally. You will be technically excellent and highly motivated - taking a leading role in the development and delivery of new & existing business opportunities to help grow and develop the group.
You will have an extensive knowledge of the National Air Quality Strategy, air quality policy, regulations and guidance, the EIA process and air quality modelling.
My client offers an outstanding working environment with the opportunity to work on a number of prestigious and challenging projects in a wide range of sectors. The role can be based from either Birmingham, Manchester or Berkshire.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Provide technical, program and commercial management for wide range of air quality consultancy projects
- Provide technical support and mentoring to other members of the air quality team
- Input to a varied range of projects across different sectors and stages
- Manage and review air quality & emissions impact assessments and reports
- Design and manage air quality & emissions surveys
- Work within and define, deadlines and budgets
- Provide support on bids and with business development to help win work for the team
- Continuously develop technical, project management and commercial skills
- Work collaboratively as part of a wider team of other professionals (e.g. environmental scientists engineers and planners) , to provide a consistent and integrated service to our clients
Skills & Experience
- Significant air quality consultancy experience with experience in undertaking air quality road traffic emissions and stationary combustion source modelling assessments. Particular experience in the following areas:
- European and UK Air Quality policy and legislation
- Road traffic modelling assessments
- Air quality input for planning applications and preparation of Environmental Statements
- Ambient air quality monitoring and use of data in air quality assessments
- Detailed knowledge vehicle emissions and derivation of emission factors
- Detailed dispersion modelling (including ADMS-Roads, DMRB screening, ADMS, and/or AERMOD), GIS mapping tools
- A thorough understanding of air quality legislation, policy and guidance
- Experience of the co-ordination and technical review of air quality assessments
- The ability to interpret and respond to simple or more complex tenders for air quality services and understand client's needs
- An understanding of the interrelationships with other environmental impact specialisms
- The ability to meet and converse with clients and manage their needs in a confident, professional manner
- Proficiency in the application of air emissions databases and dispersion models for industrial and/or transport sources (e.g. ADMS Roads and/or AERMOD)
- Excellent commercial awareness and business development experience
- Good communicator: ability to work alone and to lead multidisciplinary teams
Demonstrate experience in one or more of the following areas would also be desirable:
- Experience of working with Government agencies including; Highways England, Environment Agency, DEFRA, TfL, DfT
- Specialist knowledge of and experience in instantaneous emissions modelling
- Experience of using R software or similar statistical analysis packages
- Experience of preparing material for and presenting at public inquiries and public consultations or similar
- An understanding of commercial contracts
- Experience of coordinating the work of multi-disciplinary teams
A degree or higher degree in an environmental discipline, and preferably hold a relevant professional qualification.
Eligible candidates must be able to demonstrate fluency in both verbal and written English, as the role demands a high level of communication with clients and the output of detailed written reports.