Senior Hydrogeologist, Shrewsbury or Reading
We are currently seeking an individual with a qualification in Hydrogeology or related scientific discipline and ideally chartered status, to project manage and provide technical support on a range of projects involving groundwater.
In this role the candidate would be expected to:
- Manage a wide range of projects to deliver to time, budget and quality.
- Have a commercial mind-set that focus on delivering value for our clients and ESI.
- Carry out technical work on projects to deliver high quality, pragmatic advice and solutions to environmental problems.
- Perform a wide variety of technical, field and office based tasks (after initial training).
- Be able to work independently when required but as part of dedicated project delivery team.
- Conceptualise and quantitatively describe subsurface systems and processes and report on these clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrate skills in a wide range of ESI’s core services: water resources, groundwater modelling, groundwater flooding, contaminated groundwater and groundwater control.
- Understand project/client objectives.
- Adhere to ESI’s quality assurance and health and safety procedures.
Ideally the candidate would have:
- A qualification in Hydrogeology, or a related scientific / Geological / Engineering discipline.
- Post graduate qualifications in hydrogeology are preferred but are not essential.
- Have a good technical understanding of water resource hydrogeology.
- Have a strong track record in project management.
- Four to eight years’ experience of working in industry preferred, either as a consultant, regulator or Water Company responsible for resource management and impact assessment.
- Chartered status ideally.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have a current driving licence.
- Have an excellent attitude to team work and a strong desire to learn and develop your career in a structured environment.
- The successful candidate will be required to provide proof that they have the right to reside and work in the UK
If you think you may have what we are looking for then please send us your CV and covering letter quoting reference VAC042.
Apply for Senior Hydrogeologist, Shrewsbury or Reading
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly