Technical Director - Noise & Vibration
Overview / Responsibilities
Technical Director – Noise and Vibration
Amec Foster Wheeler are looking for a talented and enthusiastic leader to join our acoustics, noise and vibration team in either our Reading, Birchwood or London offices.
The successful candidate will join and lead a growing team to drive, deliver and manage existing projects focussing in environmental noise and vibration, whilst contributing towards business development. You will collaborate with teams based across the UK and other technical specialist areas including Air Quality and Environmental Management.
You will work with Senior Management focusing on business development, project management and delivery. You will be responsible for the technical and commercial aspects of projects and will have day-to-day client contact. You will be involved in business development and will have responsibilities for the managing and mentoring of junior staff.
Skills / Qualifications
Candidates will be / must have:
- Degree qualification (or equivalent) in Acoustics or a relevant subject;
- Full corporate membership of the Institute of Acoustics (IoA);
- Specifically focused on Environmental Acoustics in sectors such as transport and industry;
- Experience with Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA);
- Minimum of 12 years consultancy experience;
- Full driving licence;
- Staff management experience;
- Commercial management experience including management and responses to strategic bids;
- Experience of providing technical direction at a project level;
- Demonstrable record of developing and securing new business;
- Business management experience including monthly reporting, resourcing and recruitment;
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.