Senior / Principal Acoustics Consultant – Manchester
Not your usual Consultancy opportunity..… Had enough of being a cog in a wheel? Are you looking to get more control of your career? Want to be part or a company where your voice and ideas will he heard? Our client are a dynamic environmental consultancy based in Greater Manchester, who due to the growth of our consultancy service offering, have an exciting opportunity for a Senior/Principal Acoustic Consultant to join our team.
The role will be involved in the development of the acoustics team, you will be joining a busy consultancy that currently specialises in planning, acoustics and air quality services. But require an experience Acoustics specialist to drive forward this division. The successful candidate will be Degree/MSc qualified in a relevant environmental discipline from a UK university, have at least five years UK consultancy background in environmental noise assessment, extensive noise and vibration monitoring knowledge and experience of noise modelling of roads and industrial sources, as well as project management and business development. Experience of undertaking Noise at Work Assessments would also be beneficial.
We are looking for an ambitious individual who can provide a high level of technical and commercial competency whilst expanding the divisions offering. The role would suit an applicant wanting responsibility for both technical and commercial outputs within the acoustics business unit, excellent prospects for rapid career progression, exposure to a wide range of projects and the opportunity to play a significant role in the way the business develops. Although Business development will be part of the role, they have an extremely healthy project work load currently and moving well into 2017. Therefore, the technical expertise and knowledge that the individual will bring is more important.
- Responsible for winning and delivering environmental noise projects.
- Project management of team work load.
- Business development for acoustics and wider environmental planning services.
- Undertaking and delivery of Noise Assessments and associated surveying and modelling.
- Production of quotes and tenders.
- Development of client relationships and production of marketing strategy.
- Mentoring of junior staff.
- At least 5-years noise consultancy experience in the field of environmental noise assessment.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Proficiency in data analysis and interpretation.
- Able to manage own projects from initial proposal to final invoice.
- Knowledge of standard methodologies and relevant British Standards.
- Membership of relevant professional body (IoA).
- Experience of business development/marketing.
- As we work throughout the UK a full driving licence is required.
This is unique opportunity for the an ambitious experienced Acoustics professional who is looking for an opportunity to join a company where they will have an influence on the direction of a division within a frame worked structure that will give you the support that will enable you to flourish.