EIA Consultant - Leeds
Our Client a leading international multidisciplinary consultancy with a worldwide reach have an exciting opportunity for a Consultant / Senior Consultant to join the company's environmental planning division in Leeds. The role will have responsibility for management of EIA and technical input to EIA and sub EIA projects. Including project planning, management of sub-contractors (where required), project support on multi-disciplinary projects and / or sub EIA environmental projects, collation and interpretation of environmental information. This will be handled through all stages of development from the initial feasibility stage through to the planning application stage and beyond, and liaison with statutory consultees and key stakeholders.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in consultancy.
- A developing working knowledge of relevant legislation, standards and guidance including Planning and EIA.
- Collation and interpretation of environmental information / constraints.
- Experience of editing and review of Environmental Statements / Sub EIA reports and associated documents is desirable.
- EIA project Management experience.
- Good organisational and report writing skills.
- Sound communication and personal effectiveness skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with clients, subcontractors and other third parties.
- To effectively communicate and co-operate within a project team to support the achievement of a project brief through the provision of efficient and professional services.
- To provide clear and well written reports that require minimal re-writing or amendment by an authorising signatory.
- When requested, to provide input to business initiatives.
- To demonstrate an understanding of and comply with legislation, company policies and procedures and work within agreed resources.
- Contribute to the achievement of Company objectives through positive working relationships with colleagues throughout the Company, with clients and with suppliers.
- Undertake ongoing CPD.
- To provide support and assistance to all staff as appropriate.
- Lead by example and share both knowledge and experience with other team members.
- To provide coaching and mentoring of junior staff to bring about improvements in their skill base.
- Undertake proposal preparation with the support of an appropriate person at a Principal or Director grade.
- Bachelor degree in Town Planning (with working knowledge of environmental planning) or related Environmental Degree (with a working knowledge of the planning system).
- Member of Professional Body or working towards Chartered status e.g. RTPI or IEMA.
0121 616 5047