Intermediate + Senior Energy Efficiency Consultant
We are supporting an independent property consultancy with their search for an Intermediate and Senior Energy Engineer, to join their Central London team.
The successful candidates will have a mechanical engineering background and project management experience in renewable energy generation and energy efficiency projects. You must also be looking to apply your technical and consultative experience into the property industry.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
The Resources and Energy Engineer will:
- Provide advice on how energy efficiency processes and energy generating technologies can be applied to buildings from a mechanical engineering viewpoint.
- Undertake energy audits, analysing consumption data and review building systems; in particular to take the lead in understanding the existing building, it's construction and how the building operates.
- Create and manage contract documentation to typical models, for example JCT and NEC.
- Manage specialist advisors or sub-contractors assisting with projects.
- Contribute to financial modelling of proposed projects.
This role may require occasional overnight travel within the UK.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree level Building Services Engineer or similar discipline - preferably chartered.
- An excellent knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems within buildings.
- Experience of carrying out energy auditing, renewable feasibility studies, building modelling, and energy load analysis is essential.
- Experience in Energy Performance Contracting and Measurement and Verification
- Experience of carbon and energy management plans.
- Good computer skills, including CAD and mechanical design software.
- Must work in a composed manner in order to be able to work under pressure, managing and prioritising workloads.
- Excellent client facing and consultancy aptitude.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding team working for a very well respected property company with an established and formidable client base.