Senior Environmental Consultant (Offshore Renewables)
Job Ref: 12347
Job title: Senior Environmental Consultant (Offshore Renewables)
Rate: £30k - £40k
Our client is a leading international multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy with offices across the globe. Due to a healthy forward workload, they are currently seeking a Senior Environmental Consultant to join their established Offshore Renewables team in Edinburgh.
The successful candidate will have experience of coordinating EIA's for offshore renewable energy and transmission projects and ideally have knowledge of relevant specialisms such as marine mammals and ornithology. You will have the opportunity to work on a growing portfolio of exciting projects alongside planning consultancies and large scale renewables developers, providing assistance to project managers and other team members during the assessment, consultancy and consent stages.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Support and manage the delivery of EIA's for both medium and large scale offshore wind, wave and tidal schemes across the UK
- Provide technical support to the offshore team and to other specialist teams (e.g ecology/ ornithology) as appropriate
- Undertake project management and prepare and review reports, proposals and tenders
- Liaise with clients, internal colleagues and stakeholders throughout the project life cycle
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of existing client business relationships and establish new relationships through attending meetings and exhibitions
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree educated in a relevant discipline (postgraduate qualification desirable)
- Chartered or working towards chartered status (IEMA)
- Demonstrable experience in EIA coordination and planning within a consultancy or developer
- Solid understanding of environmental law, the EIA process and relevant government policy, ideally within the offshore/ marine/ renewables sectors
- Specialist knowledge beneficial (e.g. marine mammals/ ornithology)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to travel within the UK.