Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
An enthusiastic engineering geologist is required to join the Geotechnics Team in the Infrastructure Group of the Glasgow office of Arup. The successful candidate will be involved in a wide portfolio of challenging and interesting projects, particularly in the fields of railway engineering, onshore windfarm assessment, site development and the assessment of contaminated land, as well as providing support to the Building Engineering Group within the office. This is an opportunity to gain a wide range of experience including the possibility of working elsewhere in the UK and overseas.
A proven ability in applied geology within a consultancy environment, as well as a strong capability in the assessment of contaminated sites and good report writing skills are essential.
The candidate must be a team player with good interpersonal skills, an ability to work with minimum supervision and be keen to provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced members of the team.
The following key elements will apply to the role:
- Engineering geological investigation, assessment and related design associated with projects undertaken by the Firm.
- Site Investigation – Including desk study, scoping, procuring, supervising, managing and reporting on ground investigations.
- Slope stability assessment for soil and rock slopes and the design and implementation of remedial works.
- General geo-environmental input to projects which may include soil, groundwater and gas risk assessment as well as development of remediation strategies.
- Site supervision.
The following minimum qualifications are required:
- First Degree in Engineering Geology, preferably with a relevant post graduate qualification.
- Extensive experience of working on geotechnical projects.
- Working towards chartered qualification (MICE or equivalent).
- A good understanding of nationally recognised ground contamination models, (CLEA), and UKWIR guidance.
- Familiarity of Oasys geotechnical computer programs would be an advantage.
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
In addition all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Arup is a multi-disciplinary, global design and business consulting firm with over 9,000 employees in 86 offices operating in more than 37 countries. We are an independent, employee-owned company with a strong commitment to the environment and to working