Head of Portfolio Management
Head of Portfolio Management
£57,848 - £69,006 per annum
Based: Whitehall, London
The Department of Energy and Climate Change is responsible for ensuring the UK has secure, affordable energy and for the UK’s role in domestic and international efforts to avoid dangerous climate change. The department supports the Secretary of State - The Rt. Hon. Edward Davey MP - and his Ministerial team to deliver the Government’s energy and climate change policies. The Secretary of State has set three priorities:
• Driving investment in the UK’s energy infrastructure and supporting growth.
• Helping households and businesses take control of their energy bills.
• Reducing greenhouse gas emissions from the UK and internationally.
In July 2013, DECC set up a Portfolio Office to implement portfolio management across the Department. Its aim is to ensure that DECC chooses the best projects to enter its portfolio and that those projects deliver our objectives. We are looking for a Head of Portfolio Management to lead the portfolio management team to provide Ministers and senior management with the information needed for strategic management of DECC's portfolio of projects and programmes. The main duties of this role are:
- Lead the Portfolio Management team (5 people), develop the skills and capabilities required to embed and continuously improve the use of portfolio management.
- Support the Head of the Portfolio Office with leadership of the Portfolio Office.
- Oversee the DECC portfolio. Understand the elements that make up the portfolio and their contribution to our strategic objectives. Provide advice on the implications / impact of portfolio health on our ability to deliver these objectives.
Performance Reporting & Improvement
- Ensure effective and streamlined performance reporting is in place, that provides senior management with the information needed to manage DECC’s portfolio.
- Work with the Head of Portfolio Delivery to improve the health of the portfolio and the delivery of DECCs strategic objectives.
- Oversee reporting to the MPA, including performance of projects on the Government Major Projects Portfolio.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with stakeholders and gather feedback on the quality of service using this to continuously improve performance.
Specifically the post holder will need:
- To be confident working with numbers and to have or be working towards at least two of:
- Managing Successful Programmes (MSP)
- Association of Project Management Practitioner (APMP)
- Portfolio Office Management (P30)
- Management of Risk (MoR)
- Management of Portfolios (MoP)
For further information and to apply, please visit Civil Service Jobs. The closing date is 13th June 2014.
DECC values equality and diversity in employment and welcomes applications from all sectors of society.
More jobs like this
- Full Time Senior Management Minerals, Waste & Recycling jobs in London (Greater)
- Full Time Senior Management Public Sector jobs in London (Greater)
- Full Time Senior Management Wind Energy jobs in London (Greater)
- Full Time Senior Management On-shore jobs in London (Greater)
- Full Time Senior Management Offshore jobs in London (Greater)