Our client, a leading multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy, are looking for a Senior/principal ecologist to join there existing team of specialist. Given the size and coverage of this client you will be working on a variety of projects primarily in the regeneration, property, waste and energy sectors.
Candidates will be degree qualified or equivalent with an excellent track record in consultancy. As well as the above, candidates should:
• be able to work autonomously with excellent communication (including technical report writing) skills and an ability to prepare fee proposals
• have a solid understanding of conservation legislation and protected species licensing, ideally holding at least one survey/handling licence for a protected species
• able to provide pragmatic, commercially aware ecological advice to our portfolio of major clients
• ideally be a Member of IEEM / Chartered Ecologist
• hold a full UK driving licence.
• be able to lead and develop a team of ecologists
• have excellent field skills and be prepared to undertake ecology surveys and train in the field
• have an in depth understanding of the EIA, species licensing and legislative processes
• be keen to join a multi-disciplinary team
• be able to undertake business development and develop client relationships
Candidates with additional experience in other services including contaminated land, EIA, sustainability (i.e. BREEAM, LEED or Code for Sustainable Homes) etc. would be at a distinct advantage. The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that has pride in the quality of the service it delivers to its clients. As you would expect this role will be rewarded with an excellent salary and benefits package to match.