Senior EHS Manager, EMEA - fantastic role based in London
Senior EHS Manager for EMEA
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 5,000 people in over 40 countries working out of more than 150 offices.
ERM currently provides seconded staff support to a Fortune 100 company based across the Americas, Asia Pacific and Europe Middle East (EMEA) regions. In each of these three regions we have a designated EHS Manager and we are currently looking for an experienced EHS professional to take on the lead role for the EMEA region.
This is an exciting position to join the world’s leading sustainability consultancy and work in a dedicated role with one of our strongest clients. The role is a full time secondment to the client’s location in West London and is an excellent opportunity for someone with Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) auditing experience to grow and develop within a forward thinking project. It is expected that previous experience will have been gained from industry, consultancy or as a regulator and that the successful individual will be familiar with EHS legislation and guidance. The successful individual will be responsible for managing UK EHS issues as well as tracking ERM performance in other EMEA countries.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Providing EHS consultancy to internal business units and function groups, reviewing EHS reports
- Conducting environmental assessments and technical audits
- Leading the implementation of EHS policies and practices
- Training/briefing staff on EHS issues and responsibilities
- Advising and reporting on EHS processes and activities
- Managing ERM staff regionally to ensure consistent delivery/support.
- Manage integration and develop transition plans for ERM staff
- Track and manage budget for the region
- Respond to local client requests to complete EHS related duties
- Organize and manage annual internal EHS audits
- Manage and track EHS regional compliance action items to completion
- Attend and participate as auditee in all external ISO14K Audits for the region
- Develop scope of work for Special projects with local ERM entity
- Act as a liaison to local, regional government EHS agencies on behalf of client
We are looking for an excellent communicator with the ability to lead, coach and mentor other members of the ERM EMEA team; someone who can represent ERM and our values whilst working closely alongside our client.
Required attributes and skills:
- BSc degree (or equivalent) within an Engineering or Science discipline is essential, and an additional MSc within a relevant subject would be preferred
- The ability to demonstrate the skills and experience typically gained through 5 years’ experience as an auditor of EHS management systems, or within this field
- Previous experience within a similar role within industry, consultancy or as a regulator
- Knowledge of ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001 management systems is essential
- Familiarity with EHS codes, standards and requirements as well as legislation and guidance
If you are interested in the above role please submit your cover letter and updated CV to us ASAP
ERM does not accept recruiting agency CVs unless expressly advised. Please do not forward CVs to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.
ERM is only able to accept applications from those candidates with the eligibility and right to work in the UK
- 24 April 2014
- 24 May 2014
- Wind Energy, Renewable Energy, Environmental, Professional Services, Consultancy, Technology, Utilities, Manufacturing
- Project Management, Environmental Management, Health & Safety, Policy & Legislation, Senior, Sustainability / Sustainable Development
- Full Time
- Contract Type
More jobs like this
- Full Time Sustainability / Sustainable Development Consultancy jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Sustainability / Sustainable Development Technology jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Sustainability / Sustainable Development Utilities jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Sustainability / Sustainable Development Manufacturing jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Sustainability / Sustainable Development Wind Energy jobs in London (Central)