Senior/ Principal EIA Consultant
Job Ref: 12202
Job title: Senior/ Principal EIA Consultant
Rate: £40k - £50k + Bonus
Our client, a leading environmental and planning consultancy, is seeking to appoint a Principal EIA Consultant to assist with a strong and diverse pipeline of projects throughout the UK, Ireland and abroad.
The Principal EIA Consultant will work within the existing Environmental Planning/ EIA team and provide leadership on a diverse pipeline of projects spanning the onshore/ offshore wind, hydro, energy, petrochemicals and property sectors.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Your brief will include:
- Provide support and guidance to the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) team
- Assist in the preparation of tenders and with the development of new business for the team across a range of sectors, primarily power.
- Manage and coordinate the preparation of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) chapters and Environmental Statements (ES)
- Act as a day-to-day client liaison, ensuring the development and maintenance of new and existing business
- Manage, coordinate and liaise with in house specialists and sub-consultants, as well as architects, planners and developers
Qualifications / Experience:
The Principal Consultant / Associate Director will have:
- Degree educated or higher in a relevant discipline (e.g. Environmental Science)
- Full member of a recognised professional environmental institution (e.g. IEMA)
- Proven experience managing UK EIA consultancy projects
- Excellent knowledge of compiling Environmental Statements and EIAs
- Demonstrable project management and team supervision skills
- Thorough understanding of UK EIA and planning legislation
- Excellent communicative and client facing abilities, with an aptitude for winning new business
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced consultant to rapidly developer their career on a diverse and challenging mix of projects, ably supported by a dynamic team of environmental consultants and specialists.
About Mattinson Partnership
We are experts in the field of environmental and transport recruitment and have grown quickly to become one of the most highly regarded specialists in the UK.