Senior/ Principal EIA Consultant
Job Ref: 12202
Job title: Senior/ Principal EIA Consultant
Rate: £40k - £50k + Bonus
Our client, a leading environmental and planning consultancy, is seeking to appoint a Principal EIA Consultant to assist with a strong and diverse pipeline of projects throughout the UK, Ireland and abroad.
The Principal EIA Consultant will work within the existing Environmental Planning/ EIA team and provide leadership on a diverse pipeline of projects spanning the onshore/ offshore wind, hydro, energy, petrochemicals and property sectors.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Your brief will include:
- Provide support and guidance to the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) team
- Assist in the preparation of tenders and with the development of new business for the team across a range of sectors, primarily power.
- Manage and coordinate the preparation of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) chapters and Environmental Statements (ES)
- Act as a day-to-day client liaison, ensuring the development and maintenance of new and existing business
- Manage, coordinate and liaise with in house specialists and sub-consultants, as well as architects, planners and developers
Qualifications / Experience:
The Principal Consultant / Associate Director will have:
- Degree educated or higher in a relevant discipline (e.g. Environmental Science)
- Full member of a recognised professional environmental institution (e.g. IEMA)
- Proven experience managing UK EIA consultancy projects
- Excellent knowledge of compiling Environmental Statements and EIAs
- Demonstrable project management and team supervision skills
- Thorough understanding of UK EIA and planning legislation
- Excellent communicative and client facing abilities, with an aptitude for winning new business
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced consultant to rapidly developer their career on a diverse and challenging mix of projects, ably supported by a dynamic team of environmental consultants and specialists.