We have an exciting opportunity for a senior ecologist to join a multi-disciplinary Environmental Consultancy in their Manchester office. As a senior ecologist, you will have the opportunity to get involved in the whole life cycle of a variety of project work, undertaking both office and field duties.
You will have the autonomy to build your own team and expand our client’s ecological service offering across the south of the UK, playing a key role in the successful implementation of the Environmental Services business plan.
If you have broad technical ecological skills, demonstrable project and team management experience and a flair for business development, then this is the right opportunity for you.
Within the role you will;
- Be responsible for successful Project Management including client liaison, tender preparation and financial control;
- Undertake business development, expansion of existing client base and resource management in the southern region.
- Planning and undertaking field surveys: protected species, habitat and botanical;
- Report writing, including chapters for Environmental statements and EIA;
- Preparing development licences for European protected species;
- Ecological clerk of work roles;
- Supervision of junior members of the team, subcontractors and seasonal staff;
- Project management;
- Liaising with clients and stakeholders;
- Business development and expansion of client base.
Qualifications / Experience:
The Senior Ecologist will have;
Degree in a relevant field as a minimum;
Sound field skills, with specialist knowledge of protected and notable species and habitats;
Ideally, at least one protected species licence (preferably bat, including handling) would be highly desirable;
Excellent knowledge of relevant UK and European legislation, policy and guidance;
Experience in the preparation of mitigation method statements, including obtaining licences for European Protected Species;
Demonstrable experience in managing multi-species projects;
Proven business development skills including fee scheduling and tender writing;
Proven project management experience, including resource allocation and invoicing;
Full driving licence.
This is an exciting role for an ambitious individual to join an established environmental consultancy at a time of expansion. Ideal candidates will have excellent commercial acumen and a desire to assume responsibility for the development of the ecology business across the south of the UK.
About Peritus Green
Peritus Green Associates are a specialist Recruitment Company serving the Environmental, Energy and Engineering industry. Our aim is to build a reputation for quality and professionalism whilst maintaining a friendly and supportive approach.