Senior/ Principal EIA Consultant
Job Ref: 11795
Job title: Senior/ Principal EIA Consultant
Location: Glasgow or Edinburgh
Rate: £33k - £42k
We currently have an opportunity for Senior or Principal EIA Consultant to join the Glasgow or Edinburgh office of an international environment and planning consultancy. The successful candidate will work within the area of environmental impact assessment (EIA) on a range of prestigious projects spanning renewables, energy transmission and property. You will join an established environmental planning team, working in collaboration to manage major schemes through the environmental consenting process.
- Coordinate in-house and external specialists in delivering EIAs for major renewables, energy transmission and property schemes
- Perform desk based studies and coordinate site surveys and data collection exercises
- Prepare, coordinate, manage and review Environmental Statement and EIA chapters
- Liaise with clients and project teams to ensure delivery of projects to time and budgetary constraints
- Represent the company in public consultations and stakeholder meetings
- Degree educated or higher in a relevant environmental discipline (e.g. BSc/MSc Environmental Science)
- Demonstrable experience of EIA project management within a consultancy environment
- Good knowledge of the EIA and ES process with respect to UK policy and procedure
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office software as well as experience using GIS and CorelDraw programmes
- Excellent written/ verbal communicative and client facing skills
This is a great opportunity to develop your EIA management skills on a variety of prestigious energy projects within a friendly and supportive working environment. Our client offers an excellent flexible benefits package, together with unrivalled prospects for career progression.
About Mattinson Partnership
We are experts in the field of environmental and transport recruitment and have grown quickly to become one of the most highly regarded specialists in the UK.