This job is no longer available
JACOBS is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full spectrum of support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors.
Our Sustainable Solutions Business Unit provides a focus for advising our clients on sustainability issues including renewable energy, low carbon economies, impacts of climate change and waste and resource management. Our environmental capabilities comprise around 500 staff across the UK, Ireland and beyond, providing services over the spectrum of environmental specialisms.
We offer our staff opportunities to work on exciting projects across all the market sectors which JACOBS faces world-wide. Over 90% of our work is repeat business, which we achieve by ensuring that we provide a market-leading service to our clients.
To meet our growing UK and worldwide business needs and future development aspirations, JACOBS has a number of outstanding opportunities within our environmental team at all levels, from junior team members to senior/director.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Joining Our Team
We are looking for high quality candidates at various grades to join our Environmental Assessment team at locations in England, Wales and Scotland. Our office locations can be found on our website, www.jacobs.com.
You will have relevant experience in EIA, and experience of helping project coordination and management. Infrastructure, utilities and energy sector project experience would be of particular value, as would Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) capability.
We are seeking strong technical and management skills. Depending on your experience, you will either be chartered or be working towards achieving Chartered Environmentalist status or similar. In return, we can offer involvement in a wide range of exciting and often high profile projects, with significant opportunities to continue to develop and progress your career.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Coordinating and managing EIA or SEA projects, including those in the roads/bridges infrastructure, utilities, nuclear and renewable energy sectors.
- Maintain our high quality of environmental deliverables and ensure project financial performance.
- Provide client advice and support on technical matters relating to planning, EIA and the environment in general.
- Liaise with clients, engineers and other design team members.
- Mentor and provide leadership of more junior staff.
- Develop and maintain excellent client relationships.
- Support business development initiatives.
Training and Experience
- A good degree qualification in a relevant environmental/natural science.
- A track record of successful project management on EIA projects, with experience of working within multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong technical skills in environmental assessment, with excellent report writing skills, and experience of Environmental Statement preparation.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Second/higher degree in a relevant environmental/natural science.
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) experience.
- Staff/resource management capability.
- Chartered Environmentalist.
- Expert Witness/ Public Inquiry.
- Experience of developing business with new clients.
The candidate should be willing to work out of other JACOBS offices in the UK as required.
Affirmative Action/Employment Opportunity
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.