Principal Engineer/Regional Lead - Wastewater Networks
Principal Engineer/Regional Discipline Lead - Wastewater Networks - Permanent - Edinburgh
My client has a fantastic opportunity for an impressive engineer with experience of Wastewater networks.
This is a permanent role based in theEdinburgh. Providing clear leadership in the development of wastewater network solutions through efficient, interactive working between design and modelling teams. Support to Project Managers and other senior managers by providing technical expertise in wastewater networks engineering design and feasibility studies to ensure that projects are delivered to cost, schedule, technical and quality standards to meet both client and expectation.
- Lead wastewater networks feasibility and design work, taking overall responsibility for the technical quality of optioneering, solution development and detail design work on projects
- Leadership of a wastewater networks team, comprising hydraulic modellers and civils designers, taking responsibility for local staff management within the team, identifying correct staff for project roles and managing their workload.
- Work with TDLs and Resource Managers to facilitate wider resourcing decisions.
Lead the team in the identification, agreement and utilisations of appropriate software tools, guides and standards to provide advice, solutions and successful project outcomes for clients
- Identify the need for specialist input on wastewater networks projects
- Provide technical assistance to staff, including training and mentoring within specific areas of responsibility and expertise as required. Identify training needs for all staff within the team.
- Prepare technical reports, cost estimates, contract documentation and contract management for a variety of wastewater network projects
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge of survey, design, drafting, project and contract management standards and techniques
- Undertake appropriate research of existing assets and investigation and design modifications / improvements
- Liaise with clients and ensure that programmes and projects are managed effectively to ensure delivery in a manner which meets quality, time and budget specifications
- Prepare expressions of interest and proposals as required
- Complete all work in line with Core Values and in accordance with Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures
All applications will be dealt in a private and professional manner.
Our advertisements use post-qualification experience/salary levels as a guide. However, we will consider applications from any candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to carry out the role.
We welcome applications from candidates of all ages.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Why not visit the success stories of some of the candidates we have helped find fulfilment in their careers in CPE. It's just a few of the thousands of people who have found success in their working lives with Randstad. Visit randstad.co.uk/howibecame to find out what you could become.