Marine Engineer (Fife or Tyne and Wear)
As an engineering recruitment specialist, we are sourcing experienced and driven individuals for one of our large, engineering services clients who require a Marine Engineer.
The client is the UK's leading engineering services company, providing support to both the government and private sector, and who are growing at a significant pace. This client has 40 sites throughout the country, from office sites to large training facilities, and continues to win new, exciting projects, including military and naval contracts.
- Development of marine system P&IDs, machinery layouts, equipment and material specifications
- Preparation of the marine engineering sections of the tender specification to go out to shipyards
- Pipework system design
- Material and equipment specifications for submission and approval by the client and classification society
- Liaison with the client and sub-contractors on the following projects
- Specifying and requisitioning the main and auxiliary machinery
- Designing the associated systems fitted on naval and merchant ships.
- Knowledge of classification society rules & flag state regulations
- Proprietary systems analysis software.(Mathcad and Fluid Flow)
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Direct experience in design of marine & offshore structures & systems
- Ability to work from first principles
- Willing to travel on assignments away from the office
- Professional qualifications desirable, however appropriate experience and practical skills are equally as desirable.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ensure the health and safety of self and others
- Team player, building effective working relationships
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Willing to learn and develop new skills
- Flexible approach
- Excellent training and career development opportunities.
- Flexible benefits package.
- Pension scheme.
Please note that there are currently two positions available: Senior Level based in Tyne and Wear; and Principal Level based in Fife. Candidates to confirm which level at time of application.
Please note that successful candidates will be required to undergo security clearance. To be eligible for this, candidates must have been a resident and worked in the United Kingdom for at least the last 5 years.