This job is no longer available
As an engineering recruitment specialist, we are sourcing experienced and driven individuals for one of our large, engineering services clients who require a Structural Mechanical Engineer.
The client is the UK's leading engineering services company, providing support to both the government and private sector, and who are growing at a significant pace. This client has 40 sites throughout the country, from office sites to large training facilities, and continues to win new, exciting projects, including military and naval contracts.
- Basic and detail design of general structures
- Basic and detail design of maritime and offshore structures
- Shock assessment
- Conduct of feasibility studies and investigations
- Production of hand calculations
- Use of STAAD Pro structural design and analysis
- Use of FEA and beam element software
- Modification of existing structures
- Miscellaneous structural/mechanical design tasks not associated with the Marine Environment
- Project management
Key Behaviour Attributes
- Responsible for the continually improving and keeping up to date with current industry trends
- Responsible for self-development as well as peers and colleagues
- Liaise closely with other section members to ensure efficient use of professional resources throughout the Engineering Group.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Chartered Engineer registered with Engineering Council
- Supervision of small design/analysis teams
- FEA analysis to the level of checking the work of others
- Use of the following software - STAAD Pro experience is essential as well as Autocad, MathCad, Pro Mechanica, Ansys, S-Frame
- Structural design or modification in one or more of the following standards:
- Classification Society Rules
- Naval Engineering standards
- British standards (ie BS 5950)
- General knowledge of maritime industry including Ship and Offshore design, build, operation and repair.
Please note that there are currently two positions available: Senior Level based in Tyne and Wear; and Principal Level based in Fife. Candidates to confirm which level at time of application.
Please note that successful candidates will be required to undergo security clearance. To be eligible for this, candidates must have been a resident and worked in the United Kingdom for at least the last 5 years.