This job is no longer available
Job Ref: 11872
Job title: Environmental Consultant/Engineer
Location: Newcastle (Manchester based candidates also considered)
Rate: Up to £35k, DOE
Our client, a global consulting business committed to delivering critical infrastructure projects around the world, is looking to appoint an environmental consultant / engineer into their Newcastle based Environment Team, although Manchester based candidates will also be considered.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead the delivery of Environmental Impact Assessments within the Power sector including a variety of projects within the renewables sector (wind farms, EfW, biomass). Attaining consent for NSIP power plant developments and getting involved in overseas project work will also form part of your brief.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
The Environmental consultant will;
- Undertake Environment consenting project work ensuring an exceptionally high quality output for all reports & deliverables is maintained.
- Support and provide advice to clients regarding Environmental Impact Assessments, Environmental Statements and associated consenting documentation.
- Manage projects, delivering on time and to budget.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Undertake and lead project work whilst also providing support to business development initiatives including bid preparation and client presentations.
- Provide on-going support to the UK wide Environment Group whilst maintaining and developing the team’s capability and presence in the power generation consenting market.
Qualifications / Experience:
The Environmental consultant will have;
- A Degree and 3-10 years post-graduate relevant consultancy experience. Consulting experience should include delivery of EIA’s and consenting work within the power sector (Wind Farms, Biomass, EfW, Power stations etc).
- A track record of managing/ mentoring team members and successful communication with key stakeholders.
- Excellent knowledge of the Development Consent Order and Town and Country Planning consenting regimes. Specific knowledge of how these consenting regimes apply to the power sector is key to being successful in this role.
- Experience of successfully communicating with multidisciplinary teams as part of EIA and Consenting work.
This role will ideally be based in Newcastle, but will require travel within the UK and overseas required by project work. This opportunity offers excellent career progression within a well-established and successful team. For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Ruth Prescott on 020 7960 2557 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com