Offshore Plant Techincal Supervisor
Offshore Plant Technical Supervisor
Fugro Seacore is specialist Marine Foundation, Drilling and Geotechnical contractor and innovator, working globally for the marine infrastructure, energy and construction sectors.
Working as part of our Plant Department, in support of our Offshore Geotechnical operations, we are looking for a skilled, practical and proactive individual to undertake the role of Offshore Plant Technical Supervisor.
Reporting to the Offshore Plant Superintendant, this role is responsible for the direct management of the Offshore Drilling Rigs that are specifically assigned to them; this may include both mobile and permanently installed rigs.
For any assigned rig, this role is responsible for the following:
- Compliance with legislation, external audit requirements, internal company standards and integrated management system.
- Minimising downtime and maximising operational availability of offshore plant.
- Reacting to and solving technical issues with the drill rig.
- Managing Repair & Maintenance schedules and works.
- Managing Upgrade schedules and works.
- Ensuring spares and stock levels are maintained at the correct level.
- Ensuring the Plant Preventative Maintenance System is running effectively.
- Managing the Offshore Rig Mechanics and Electricians.
- Continuous communication with the Vessel Project Manager, Party Chief and Drilling Supervisor.
- Assisting in continually improving the standards and procedures relating to Offshore Drills and Plant.
This role is primarily based in Falmouth, Cornwall, but the successful candidate will undertake vessel/site visits and attend appropriate meetings as part of their role, both in the UK and internationally.
The successful candidate will have a relevant engineering qualification, significant technical experience of managing vessel equipment or large plant and a sound level of familiarity with plant/asset maintenance or management systems. This role calls for excellent communication, organisational skills and competence in the use of core MS Office software.
Experience of managing drill rigs and/or working on Offshore Vessels would be of benefit, but is not essential. Experience of servicing and maintaining Aker, NOV, Varco, Step and other offshore drilling equipment would be of significant benefit, as would experience with equipment control systems.
This role offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package - to apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Olivia Rowse via email - applications must be received by 6th October 2013.