This job is no longer available
Wind Analyst - Glasgow
RES is one of the world's leading renewable energy developers. Drawing on decades of experience in the renewable energy and construction industries, RES has the expertise to develop, construct and operate large-scale wind farms and solar installations of outstanding quality. RES has now passed the 5000MW milestone and our enviable track record in project delivery has given us a reputation for excellence that is second to none. RES is also continuing to grow its offshore wind and marine energy business, providing project development, engineering, construction and operations & maintenance services within the UK, Europe and overseas markets.
Due to an internal promotion, we now have an opportunity for a Wind Analyst to join our team at our outstanding offices in Glasgow:
Duties will include:
* The reception of data from deployed instrumentation systems, initial quality assurance checks on the data and the reporting of irregularities;
* The processing and analysis of the data from these sites which you will use to perform wind resource assessments;
* Assisting with technical issues in the development of wind farms, both before and after construction.
The following is essential:
* A degree (or equivalent) in physics, mathematics or an engineering discipline;
* Computer literacy, with some exposure to software development and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office components and proprietary database packages, eg Microsoft Access;
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
The following is desirable:
* A clean driving licence;
* The ability to spend periods of 1 or 2 weeks away from home, either in the UK or overseas;
* Experience in the analysis of data from field instrumentation systems;