This job is no longer available
Job Ref: 11691
Job title: Wind Developer
Location: Central Scotland
Rate: £35k to £40k (commensurate with experience)
Our client is an independent renewable energy development company based in central Scotland. Due to continued growth, they are looking to strengthen their team with an experienced wind farm developer.
The ideal candidate will have experience in producing drawings, maps and assessments, as well as working with and coordinating technical specialists. Knowledge of EIA and planning legislation will be important along with a keen interest in the field of renewable energy and environmental impact.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Site identification and assessment
- Negotiation with landowners, Local Authorities, community groups and other stakeholders to obtain planning consent
- Management of project deliverables from feasibility through to consent, including preparation of reports/ appeal statements
- Environmental appraisals and EIAs
- Scoping (and reports)
- Environmental management and mitigation
- Developing and maintaining client relationships
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree educated in relevant discipline
- Previous experience working within the environmental/ renewables sector
- Strong IT skills and proficient with GIS software packages, ArcGIS/WindPro or similar
- Understanding and experience of the EIA process (scoping and community consultation) and knowledge of environmental and planning legislation
- Ability to communicate and present to internal and external stakeholders in a professional manner, both written and verbally
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude in working towards planning consent
- Full UK driving licence
This is an exciting opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team within an expanding company.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin on 0141 375 7955 or GJM@mattinsonpartnership.com
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com