This job is no longer available
Job Ref: 11368
Job title: Environmental Consultant (Marine Mammals)
Location: Edinburgh/ UK Wide
Our client is an independent, international engineering and environmental consultancy. They provide an extensive range of multi-disciplinary services which relate to planning and transport, industry and energy, maritime and waterways, water and buildings.
Due to continued expansion into the emerging wave and tidal sectors they are seeking an Environmental Consultant (Marine Mammals). They are seeking candidates with expertise in marine mammal biology and an appreciation of the marine renewable energy sector.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Provide support for senior consultants and other team members in all aspects of project preparation and proposals for the marine renewables sector
- Manage small projects where necessary and lead the technical team or take the technical lead on pre-existing projects
- Liaise with clients, scientists and engineering specialists to provide mitigation, monitoring and surveying advice, both in the UK and internationally
- Delivery of studies and reports including Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA), Environmental Management Plans (EMP), as well as consent and planning advice
- Attend seminars, conferences and meetings and prepare literature with the purpose of expanding the client database and contributing to the development of business in the marine renewables sector
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree and Post Graduate qualification in Marine Biology or Zoology is required
- Demonstrable knowledge of coastal and marine environments and renewable energy markets
- Financial management and administration experience
- An understanding of environmental law, EIAs and relevant marine mammal policy is desirable
- Membership to IEMA or similar group advantageous
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to team members and clients is essential, as well as good time keeping and organisational skills
Our client offers a competitive salary plus a range of benefits including a contributory pension, discretionary company bonus, health and dental care, life insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin Mack on 0141 375 7955 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com