Wind Planner - with a dash of hydropower
Renewables First is a high quality engineering consultancy that specialises in wind and hydro projects. For wind we are active in the single-turbine 500 kW market, and in the smaller 100 kW and larger ‘small wind farm’ areas. In hydropower we are the UK leaders in the up to 1 MW space. We aren’t cheap; we aim to do a good job for a reasonable price. We need an experienced and enthusiastic planner.
You would be providing planning services for a varied and diverse portfolio of projects to an equally diverse range of clients, from investors to farmers. You would also be developing, improving and streamlining our processes. Primarily working on wind, but also on our larger hydropower projects as and when required. The role offers an exciting opportunity for an experienced planner to build and ultimately lead the planning team.
Key responsibilities for this role would include:
- Writing well-researched and well-argued planning statements.
- Doing site surveys around the UK (occasionally).
- Checking reports and planning chapters from subcontractors.
- Managing internal and subcontractor resources.
- Budget responsibility, both for agreeing subcontractors fees and client pricing.
- Reviewing feasibility-stage projects from a planning perspective.
- Submitting and managing written appeals, when required.
- Assisting with sales to ‘premium clients’ as and when required.
- Continually improving our services to improve our services to clients and reduce internal costs.
- Communicating progress and issues in a constructive manner to clients and colleagues.
The perfect applicant would some or all of these attributes:
- RTPI membership desirable, but experience, ability, enthusiasm and attitude more important.
- At least two years experience of the UK planning system, ideally in wind.
- A calm, professional manner.
- Organised with good attention to detail.
- Great communication skills with internal and external stakeholders, even when they don’t agree.
- Commercially aware, with an appreciation of how time and cost effect profits.
- Experience of managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience of managing a team desirable.
- We are looking for full-time, but part-time would be considered.
- The applicant must have a driving license.
Renewables First is a small company that earns money by providing professional services. This means that the all staff need to be aware of the focus on fee-earning work and not getting distracted. Some people struggle with this, some people thrive on it. Clearly we want to recruit people in the latter category. As a company all staff are encouraged to read the monthly accounts and be aware of and be involved in the business planning process. This close connection with the company’s financial performance feeds into the Employee Incentive Scheme, which is structured to provide a 25% bonus on top of base salaries, depending on company profitability.
More jobs like this
- Full Time EIA / Planning Consultancy jobs in Gloucestershire
- Full Time EIA / Planning Construction & Development jobs in Gloucestershire
- Full Time EIA / Planning Wind Energy jobs in Gloucestershire
- Full Time EIA / Planning On-shore jobs in Gloucestershire
- Full Time EIA / Planning Renewable Energy jobs in Gloucestershire