Senior Technical Consultant - Industry and Renewables
Role Title: Senior Technical Consultant - Industry and Renewables
Salary: Up to £40,000 plus bonus.
Ricardo-AEA is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
The role will provide expertise in industrial energy use and renewable energy to help us meet increasing project work from Government and Industry clients. Work will include support in assessing the performance of industry in meeting energy and emissions targets, auditing of sites applying for incentives and work with private sector clients to help them identify and implement energy saving and renewable opportunities.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following skills:
- Strong engineering skills
- Good understanding of Industrial Energy Use and Renewable Energy
- Excellent organisational abilities
- IT/database understanding
- Good problem solving skills
- Good team working skills and the ability to mentor others
- Strong influencing skills
- The ability to work to commercial imperatives
The successful candidate will have an Engineering degree (mechanical, process or chemical) and be highly numerate. In addition you will have the following:
- Experience of industrial energy use
- An understanding of government policies relating to industrial energy use and renewables
- Experience of renewable energy applications - in particular renewable heat and biomass, but potentially also solar PV, or wave & tidal, or onshore wind
- Knowledge of the market and regulatory framework for renewable energy in the UK
- Experience in auditing energy consumption data would be an advantage
- Experience of working in a consultancy or an evaluation team at a utilities company
- In addition, you will demonstrate good attention to detail, technical report writing ability and be able to assimilate information quickly
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark; you will have support from the wider business for your own career development into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo-AEA.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive remuneration and benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. To express your interest in joining our prestigious organisation please visit our career pages at and submit your application using our on line process.