This job is no longer available
Condition Monitoring Specialist
Job Ref: CMS-Jul-13
Salary: Competitive (depending on experience) plus benefits
Full-time, Permanent - 37 hours per week (with flexibility required)
Narec is looking to appoint a Condition Monitoring Specialist to further develop our condition monitoring capability with a particular emphasis on offshore renewable technologies. This role will require strong technical expertise and will also require good time management and communications, good people skills and the ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams. Day-to-day, your role will involve managing a range of projects and liaising with project partners. Occasional travel to other sites may be required.
The role requires:
- A degree (or equivalent) in engineering or a related discipline;
- Substantial experience in condition monitoring technologies;
- Experience of signal processing and condition monitoring data analysis;
- Ability to lead or work as part of a team depending upon the nature of the project;
- Communications and time management skills;
- Good general awareness of standard office software packages.
Additionally, the following would be an advantage:
- Knowledge of wind, other renewables, or the subsea industry sector;
- Experience of developing or managing R&D programmes funded from national or international sources;
- Experience of using a stage-gaged project management system;
- Demonstrable leadership in the preparation of R&D proposals and bids;
- Management of project generated intellectual property.
As a Condition Monitoring Specialist it would be of benefit to demonstrate creativity and insight in the development of technical solutions and the drive and enthusiasm to achieve results.
Narec is conveniently located within walking distance of all facilities in Blyth town centre providing transport linkis, numerous retail outlets, sporting facilities and cafes/restaurants etc. Employees have access to free car parking spaces. Comfortable communal lunch/refreshment and informal meeting areas are on-site with access to free refreshments.
This is an exciting role providing an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the capabilities of UK-based research and development facilities within the growing Renewable Energy industry.
To apply, please visit www.narec.co.uk/careers - download, complete and submit the Narec Job Application Form by referring to and following the Guidance Notes.
Completed submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Strictly Private & Confidential, HR Department, Narec, Offshore House, Albert Street, Blyth, Northumberland, NE214 1LZ.
Closing Date: Wednesday 31st July 2013
Working Hours & Times: 37 hours per week, Mon-Thu 8.30am to 5pm, Fri 8.30am to 4.30pm (flexibility required to suit customer demand)
Holidays: 25 days (pro-rata) plus statutory
STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT COMPANIES OR AGENCY FEES